The Vice President of Information Technology is responsible for developing and executing the Company’s IT strategy. In addition, the Vice President of IT leads and directs all IT operations to meet daily and long-term business, user and customer needs, as well as the support and maintenance of existing applications and development of new technical solutions that meets and exceeds the Company’s strategic and financial objectives. This position partners with the executive team to align business and IT strategies and maximize the value of technology investments and all business operations to ensure that reliable, secure, effective, efficient and secure delivery and support of technology systems throughout the Company are provided to meet business needs.
- Formulate and deploy a technology vision and long-term strategic IT plan and roadmap, in collaboration with executive leadership, that supports and aligns with the Company’s strategies and objectives
- Provide thought leadership and collaborate with Company leaders and internal business partners to develop short-term and long-term strategies that align IT with business operations, ensure customer satisfaction, achieve the Company’s annual and five-year operating plans and drive shareholder value
- Advise executive leadership on emerging technologies, digital trends, industry developments and regulatory issues relevant to the Company’s operations and goals and provide recommendations and innovative solutions to contribute to the Company’s profitability, address business needs, and ensure compliance
- Manage and deliver reliable, efficient and effective technological infrastructure, systems, services, solutions, data and reports to support organizational needs while managing risk and protecting Company assets
- Establish periodic reviews of IT systems’ performance and make recommendations for the improvement of technology-related capabilities; including infrastructure, systems, services, productivity, data integrity and cost
- Direct the selection of technology solutions including the consideration of project scope, cost/benefit analysis, resources and implementation timeline
- Collaborate and communicate with user groups and cross-functionally to develop IT processes and reports, implement solutions and IT-related changes, and provide related training
- Maintain oversight of all systems implementations and IT projects ensuring that commitments are properly planned, prioritized, staffed, monitored and reported
- Manage vendor relationships to ensure project timelines and budgets are met, implementations are successful, and issues are addressed
- Review, evaluate and approve bid requirements and submitted bids for all hardware and software upgrades and new purchases/leases. Oversee the negotiation and administration of vendor, outsource and consultant contracts and service agreements.
- Establish and enforce IT policies, processes, and standards, including those related to service, security, and disaster recovery to ensure efficient and consistent operations, safeguard systems and data and monitor compliance
- Lead and manage the IT Steering Committee to prioritize and approve IT projects and investments and communicate updates on IT performance and initiatives
- Develop and monitor IT-related metrics (KPIs) and utilize to measure and improve effectiveness, service and operational performance
- Establish and maintain a comprehensive information security program to ensure the integrity, confidentiality and availability of data
- Oversee the design, implementation and on-going effectiveness of an enterprise-wide technology disaster recovery and business continuity plan
- Provide dynamic leadership to build, develop, manage, and evaluate high performance teams capable of growing the company and carrying out strategic initiatives
- Lead, demonstrate alignment, support and model the Company’s values
- Create and implement an annual budget and business plan in support of organizational strategies and objectives to establish priorities and identify opportunities with the greatest potential to maximize profits. Manage the department’s expenditures and resources in accordance with the budget.
- Oversee and direct due diligence and systems integrations pertaining to the IT-related aspects of mergers and acquisitions
- Develop and build effective relationships with vendors, service providers and channel partners and resolve business issues and problems while representing the Company with integrity and professionalism
- Represent the Company and actively participate at industry and community events and meetings and in professional and trade organizations
- Monitor and ensure compliance with Company policies and procedures and all applicable laws and regulations
- Keep the President informed of all matters of significance and take appropriate corrective action or suggest alternative courses of action
- Perform additional duties as required and requested
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.