This position is location in Galt, CA.
The Inside Sales Representative drives sales growth by proactively initiating outbound phone calls to designated accounts in order to sell and obtain orders for products and develop customer relationships. In this role, the Inside Sales Representative also provides assistance to customers by responding to inquiries regarding products, pricing, and availability; processing quotes and sales orders; and resolving customer concerns. As a key contact for designated accounts, this position builds and develops on-going customer relationships, both over the phone and occasionally in-person, in order to assist both the customer and the Company in profitably growing sales and increasing market share. This person is also responsible for prospecting for new business while working in collaboration with customer service, purchasing, operations and marketing in order to provide customer assistance and ensure that customers’ needs and expectations are met and to successfully implement programs that promote sales.
- Drives for results
- Customer focus
- Builds relationships
- Sales skills
- Knows the job and the business
- Complex problem resolutions
- Listening, verbal & written communication
- Process management
- Delivers revenue and margin targets as established for the role
- Develop sales opportunities by initiating outbound calls to targeted current and potential customers to determine needs; provide product information, recommendations and updates; and sell product to fulfill needs and achieve Company financial objectives
- Build and maintains relationships with new and existing customers by understanding their business needs and challenges, selling products and Company programs, and provide customer service and solutions. Represent the Company with integrity and professionalism.
- Research and develop lists of potential customers, follow-up on potential leads and prospect for new business
- Utilize Salesforce (CRM) to maintain a database of customers with responsibility of logging calls, contact information, pipeline opportunities and other relevant information.
- Leverages myBMDUSA customer web portal and other marketing tools to make it easier to do business with BMD
- Act as a point of contact for designated accounts by providing customer service and account support in an effective, timely and professional manner and to resolve product, inventory and other issues
- Respond to telephone, fax and email inquiries and concerns from customers regarding products, pricing, availability, delivery and/or order status in a timely manner
- Provide customers with price quotes according to Company guidelines, ensure that the Company’s gross margin requirements are met and follow-up on open quotes
- Enter sales orders into computer and verify orders for accuracy, correct pricing and delivery schedule
- Prepare credit/debit memos for review and approval
- Contact suppliers to check pricing, inventory availability and order status
- Work cooperatively with co-workers, outside sales and other departments in order to keep them informed of relevant information and assure positive customer relationships are maintained
- Conduct sales presentations and product knowledge meetings for customers and employees as needed
- Represent the Company at customer promotional events and trade and home shows. Attend and participate in sales and product meetings as required.
- Maintain current product and technical knowledge
- Communicate regularly and provide updates and suggestions to supervisor on customer relationships, potential leads, sales orders, open items, pricing and inventory levels