Building Intelligence (BI) provides solutions for access control of visitors, vehicles and vendor. SV3®, Building Intelligence’s award-winning technology, is used by facility operators and security officers to manage lobbies, loading docks and vehicle checkpoints. Collectively, these access control points are typically managed with clipboards, sign-in books and separate technologies.
Through our practices, our technology and our personnel, we support secure operations. At the workplace, at home, at school, at a venue, on vacation, in transport, through roadways, within critical infrastructure, all around the world, we are depended upon to support a secure operation. Our products and services allow our clients to go about their daily lives knowing we have their collective backs.
In building a company, a culture and a family, together, we share an adventure. We outfit, gather resources, plan and set a course. We stay on track with a willingness to adapt. We build a company around great concepts on an important mission balanced with a creative atmosphere. Everyone should feel like they can be the best version of themselves.
We combine the culture of a startup with the stability to create an environment that's truly unique. We're located in midtown New York. If you're creative, professional and kind, we'd love to hear from you.
The Project Manager is responsible for supporting the post-sales process as well as the ongoing implementation, development, and enhancement process at Building Intelligence Inc. He/she will work closely with customer, sales, field support specialists, and developers in the organization to ensure effective management of deployment and development project plans and tasks.
This person should be able to provide clear direction for executing the statement of work and delivering excellent customer service by building a strong and effective working relationship with clients, being accountable for deliverables, timeline, and budget, and leading the team to success. The Project Manager will coordinate project milestones to ensure a high quality product and deployment experience is delivered on-time. He/she will need to be able to manage multiple implementations simultaneously.
This role requires someone that can serve in a fast paced environment and requires strong organization, time management and project management skills. The role also requires someone that can work well under pressure, can interact extremely well with clients and co-workers, and has excellent communication skills.
- Ensures projects are delivered within scope, within goals, and deliverables are in accordance with governing Master Services Agreements and Statements of Work
- Interface with customers, sales, and development team to gather and communicate timing and delivery requirements for all tasks
- Be the key point of contact for assigned customer projects to both internal and external stakeholders
- Actively lead the planning process, project stages and customer engagement throughout the implementation
- Develop comprehensive project plan for solutions implementation; inclusive of project planning, scheduling, resource planning/coordination, risk management, communication planning, etc.
- Collaborates internally to foster strong client relationships, manage client expectations and adjust work product, resources, or with client approval, changes to scope, as necessary for the success of the project
- Proactively manages any changes in project scope, identifies potential issues and devises contingency plans
- Support key stakeholder meetings, technical reviews and other meetings as necessary Ensure that agreed upon processes are being used to achieve defined goals and deliverables
- Manage all incoming requests for design changes and obtain change orders when appropriate
- Track design content and manage changes against the design of record while working closely with the internal and external stakeholders of the change Provides status reports on project progress to internal and external stakeholders on a regular basis
- Manage financial controls and risk, ensuring operations are executed within established budget
- Manage the software development process and deliverables of key milestones
- Provide guidance to programming staff and other resources as part of customer deployments and software development process
- Conduct regular development meetings and drive collaboration between internal functional teams and client to achieve milestones and deliverables
- Identify and resolve gaps in available resources to complete projects
- Track and escalate risks and issues as required
- Maintain and communicate schedules including all deliverables
- Schedule all relating project reviews and maintain checklists
- Prepare a project work plan and lead all responsible parties to meet milestones and deliverables for both bid-win and current business activities
- Communicates effectively with clients and senior leadership to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions
- Analyze and manage project profitability, revenue, margins, bill rates and resource utilization
- Identify issues, problems, and opportunities to support continuous improvement initiatives
- Advise management regarding the identification and resolution of complex problems
- Organize and plan implementation activities to ensure product quality, predictability, and compliance
- Create and improve configuration/implementation processes and procedures
- Other duties as required
- Three or more years of project management experience
- Proven experience managing software implementations
- Strong analytical and organizational skills and attention to detail
- Proficient technical understanding: ability to demonstrate knowledge of software development life cycle, application design, integration, and hosting technologies
- Self-starter, with strong sense of ownership, assertive follow-through, and a passion for the highest level of customer satisfaction
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Should be capable of communicating effectively to all levels within and outside the company
- Must be able to effectively communicate with peers and clients
- Ability to handle the ambiguity that arises from time to time in a dynamic and fast-paced development environment
- Ability to coordinate performance across regions, teams, and departments on complex projects and work flows
- Effectively delegate tasks to ensure completion of complex projects and work
- Ability to monitor progress of others and redirects efforts when goals change or are not met
- Bachelor Degree or similar qualification in Computer Science or Engineering
- Three or more years of experience in the physical security industry
- Project management certification (PMP, CSPM, etc.)
New York, NY and other areas with high concentration of customers
While some time will be spent in the office, the Project Manager is expected to be in the field at customer sites.
Some travel outside the NY Metro area may be required.