Building Intelligence (BI) provides solutions for access control of visitors, vehicles and vendor. SV3®, Building Intelligence’s award-winning technology, is used by facility operators and security officers to manage lobbies, loading docks and vehicle checkpoints. Collectively, these access control points are typically managed with clipboards, sign-in books and separate technologies.
Through our practices, our technology and our personnel, we support secure operations. At the workplace, at home, at school, at a venue, on vacation, in transport, through roadways, within critical infrastructure, all around the world, we are depended upon to support a secure operation. Our products and services allow our clients to go about their daily lives knowing we have their collective backs.
In building a company, a culture and a family, together, we share an adventure. We outfit, gather resources, plan and set a course. We stay on track with a willingness to adapt. We build a company around great concepts on an important mission balanced with a creative atmosphere. Everyone should feel like they can be the best version of themselves.
We combine the culture of a startup with the stability to create an environment that's truly unique. We're located in midtown New York. If you're creative, professional and kind, we'd love to hear from you.
ABOUT THIS ROLE:
You will be joining a small, experienced technology team as one of the main developers responsible for our advanced physical security applications and integrations.
Your job will require you to work closely with your fellow technology team members, to coordinate with client project managers, internal project management team, and to communicate with business team members in completion of your work. The job will be varied and challenging.
These are essential to success in this role:
- 3-8+ years experience as a developer
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Experience with traditional object oriented languages (e.g. Java, Ruby, Python)
- A demonstrable experience in building modern, complex customer-facing web applications
- Exposure to modern MVC (Model-view-controller) frameworks
- Solid grounding in data driven applications and concepts (data/object modeling, database systems)
- Comfortable expressing and defending points of view while respecting those of others
- Authorized to work in the US with or without sponsorship
- Must be able to work almost full-time from our Manhattan office
These skills are not required but are a plus:
- Testing strategy definition and framework creation
- Experience with event-driven Java programming
- Experience and familiarity with financial services or other mathematically oriented applications.
- Working in a startup or agile development environments
- Experience in multi-platform web-sites (desktop, mobile)
- Experience with MongoDB, CouchDB, and/or MYSQL
- Amazon (AWS) , Azure, Docker
- Software as a Service (SaaS)
- REST API
We have a stellar team of co-workers, and a really cool office being built right now. We pay competitive base salaries and we reward performance. Our salary structure is commensurate with experience. Equity is available as well,