Mental Health Practitioner
Building Family Foundation Bloomington, MN
- Posted: over a month ago
- $17 to $20 Hourly
Building Family Foundation is an organization whose mission is to provide quality direct 1:1 therapy to children and adolescents who are affected by Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD) and related conditions. We take pride in providing outstanding services by creating individualized treatment plans for each client we serve. If you’re passionate about serving diverse families by delivering quality care, join us!
- Candidates must be detail-oriented, able to work independently, able to write detailed progress notes, and possess clinical skills.
- We offer starting wages ranging from $17-$20/hour(depending on experience).
- Work hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00am-4:30pm.
- Qualified candidates must submit a resume and cover letter. This job requires undergoing and passing a background check.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) offered
Under the direction of a licensed mental health professional, Mental Health Practitioners are responsible for providing therapy and skills training to individuals and families in a center-based program. The Mental Health Practitioner will create individual treatment plans tailored to each client's need and will work with the client and family to assist them in reaching their goals.
- Develop, implement and update appropriate treatment plan for each client, as required.
- Work with the child and their family, to practice the skills that may have been missed or delayed as a result of mental illness. Skill-building activities include anger management, problem solving, emotional regulation, communication, social, and interpersonal skills.
- Provide and/or coordinate assessments and collect data to monitor progress of clients
- Ensure all documentation is completed and recorded within 24 hours after client contact (treatment plan, progress notes, etc).
Candidates must qualify as a Mental Health Practitioner in one of the following ways:
- At least 30 semester hours in behavioral science or related fields and at least 2,000 hours of supervised experience.
- Fluent in non-English language of ethnic group to which at least 50% of clients belong (Somali), completes 40 hours of training, and receives clinical supervision at least once a week until 2,000 hours met. On-the-job training is offered.
- Working in day treatment program or has completed practicum or internship requiring direct interaction and focused on behavioral science.
- At least 4,000 hours of supervised work experience.
- At least 2,000 hours with mental illness, emotional disturbance, etc. and receives clinical supervision as required from mental health professional at least once a week until 4,000 hours met.
- Graduate student internship or a bachelor’s or master’s degree and is a graduate student in behavioral sciences and formally assigned by university to an agency for clinical training.
- Bachelor’s or master’s with any of the following:
- Master’s or other graduate degree in behavioral sciences.
- Bachelor’s degree in behavioral science and completes practicum or internship that requires direct interaction with adults or children served and is focused on behavioral sciences.
- Experience working in an autism center
- Knowledge and experience with ABA
- Bachelor’s degree in psychology or related field
Building Family Foundation
8200 Humboldt Ave S.Bloomington, MN