Nebraska Market Controller
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Nebraska Market Controller
Reports to Chief Financial Officer
Basic Function: The Nebraska Market Controller position is responsible for all accounting and administrative operations of the Nebraska Market, to include the production of periodic financial and other reporting, maintenance of an adequate system of office/accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company's reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles. This position is fluid and will interface with office operations, IT, billing, accounts receivable and inventory. The position works closely with Market management.
Desired Qualifications: The Nebraska Market Controller candidate should have achieved a Bachelor's degree in accounting or business administration, or equivalent business experience and 5+ years of progressively responsible experience. Accounting in a manufacturing environment (cost accounting) is preferred. Professional designations, such as Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Management Accountant (CMA) or Chartered Global Management Accountant (CGMA) are also a plus.
Activities and Management
- Assist with development of and assure compliance with all policies and procedures
- Identify and make recommendations for improvement of the internal controls
- Assist management with sales and office operations to assure that sales and operations are optimized
- Review the Market payroll and benefit costs to achieve optimized return on investment and assist with administration of skilled based pay initiatives
- Work cooperatively and closely with internal and external departments
- Oversee the office/accounting operations of Nebraska Market, especially their control systems, transaction-processing operations, and policies and procedures.
- Monitor and investigate exceptions with the order to cash and cash conversion cycle
- Work with Accounts Payable to ensure that accounts are paid accurately and in a timely manner
- Ensure that all reasonable discounts are taken on accounts payable
- Work with Accounts Receivable and Credit to ensure that invoicing is accurate and prompt and accounts receivable are collected promptly
- Maintain an orderly filing system for accounting records
- Maintain a system of controls over accounting transactions
- Interface with sales and operations in AR, inventory and division accounting
- Prepare special reports as required for Nebraska Market
- Review the manufacturing cost accounting and understand and convey ways to optimize fixed vs. variable cost.
- Assist with the proper management of retail, including analysis of traffic, average sales and other key KPIs
- Coordinate the preparation of the year-end financial report and audit with Corporate Accounting and management
- Assist Senior Management Team with developing and monitoring KPIs and benchmarks (including special reports) against which to measure the performance of company operations
- Maintain financial and operating metrics
- Manage the production of Nebraska Market budgets, forecasts and interim reporting
- Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to management
- Provide a system of management cost reports
- Provide financial analyses as needed, in particular for capital investments, pricing decisions, and contract negotiations.
- Credibility, ethical, full disclosure and clean financial history.
- Confident, understands ethical standards.
- Conscientious about timeliness of assignments and quality of work produced.
- Possess excellent interpersonal communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with multiple audience types.
- Good GAAP and financial reporting technical skills.
- Exceptional work ethic.
- Coordinate the information provided to external auditors for the periodic and annual audits
- Assist with assuring that Company is complying with all Federal, State and local laws and regulations.
- Participation and facilitation of software enhancement and training with IT.
Other Skills and Abilities
Proficiency with Windows based office software
Ability to learn and operate multiple software platforms (BisTrack, Great Plains) and associated products (Crystal Reporting, Forecasting/Modeling Software).
Primarily in an office environment. Will be expected to travel as needed to company subsidiaries, as well as to potential acquirees to conduct due diligence. Periodic weekend or evening work is expected.
Supervises or assists management with the supervision of staff as assigned from time-to-time.
401k Retirement Plan (with company match)
Medical and Dependent Flex Accounts
Background check and pre-employment drug test required.
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Builders Warehouse