Prepares area(s) to be painted by cleaning, or if necessary, scraping, sanding, patching and masking of adjacent surfaces prior to painting, etc.
• Prepare the surrounding area by covering with cloth or plastic to prevent damage
• Calculating the amount of materials and time required for said project
• Removing fixtures such as door knobs and light switch covers
• Taping off areas as needed
• Must be versed in several aspects of painting (spray, rolling, brush, texture) for application to various surfaces (walls, trim, metal, etc.).
• Mixing, matching, and applying paints and other finishes to various surfaces
• Maintains inventory of paint, paint brushes, and other painting supplies in accordance with Supervisor’s instructions.
• Paints areas as instructed by supervisor, utilizing appropriate finishes and applications.
• Follows OSHA/MSDS guidelines with respect to use of hazardous chemicals; uses proper ventilation when using paint removers, varnishes, cleaners, etc.
• Familiarizes him/herself with storage and disposal laws, regulations, codes, etc.
• Thoroughly cleans area, supplies and equipment daily and when project is completed.
• Reliable Transportation
• Must be able to work on scaffolds
• Must be able to work unassisted with little to no supervision
BuildSol, LLCWe are a General Contracting firm. The company founded in 2010, is a fully integrated construction, real estate development and consulting company providing expertise for the metropolitan Washington, D.C. and beyond. With over a decade of experience in construction, development and engineering fields, BuildSol utilizes these services to create custom construction and project management solutions. BuildSol’s service expertise includes projects in the high technology & biotechnology environments, commercial, educational, recreational, industrial and high volume residential sub-sectors. The company currently has a portfolio of construction projects in excess of $20,000,000 and has completed more than 30 medium to large-scale commercial projects in the Washington metropolitan area in the last 5 years