Senior HR Generalist
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
At Buhler, human resources (HR) is focused on understanding what people need and knowing how to provide it. If you are a people-person looking to start a career in the exciting world of HR, this is the best place to dive in. We are in search of a qualified and resourceful Senior HR generalist to support our HR department in ensuring smooth and efficient business operations. The Senior HR generalist will have both administrative and strategic responsibilities, helping us to plan and administer important functions, such as staffing, training and development, and compensation and benefits. At Buhler we understand that our business thrives when our people thrive, and that starts by hiring the right HR professionals.
Objectives of this Role
· Assist in developing and executing personnel procedures and policies, providing guidance and interpretation for business operations
· Participate in development of HR objectives and systems, including metrics, queries, and standard reports for ongoing company requirements
· Assist in administering benefits, compensation, and employee performance programs
· Suggest new procedures and policies to continually improve efficiency of the HR department and organization, and to improve employee experience
· Ensure legal compliance of HR state and federal regulations and applicable employment laws, and update policies and/or procedures as required
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities
· Prepare paperwork, schedule, and facilitate smooth new hire onboarding process, coordinating with cross-functional departments to deliver an exceptional first-day experience
· Handle all administrative tasks for onboarding, new hire orientation, and exit interviews, including entering data into HR information systems and auditing for accuracy and compliance
· Provide an effective and dedicated HR advisory service to employees in relation to absence and health issues, conduct and capability, grievance matters, organizational change, and all other employee-relations matters
· Be the primary backup for HR Director, including bi-weekly and semi-monthly updates to employee files, bonus/incentive pay, tracking vacation/sick pay, importing expense reimbursements, inputting exceptions, hourly employee validations, and benefit changes
· Assist in the communication, interpretation, and upkeep of employee handbook, employee directory, and organizational chart, and contributes to the development of policies
Skills and Qualifications
· Bachelor’s degree in HR, business, or a related field
· Proven experience working in a HR department with 5+ years HR experience
· HR training or experience with ability to generate and facilitate training courses.
· Excellent communication skills, interpersonal skills, ethics, and cultural awareness
· Ability to communicate orally and in writing in a clear and straightforward manner
· Ability to communicate with all levels of management and company personnel
· Resourceful, problem-solving aptitude and thorough knowledge of HR procedures and policies
· Strong analytical skills with ability to generate and manipulate reports in Excel
· Advanced knowledge of MS Office, HRIS systems, and comfortable learning new technical systems as needed
· Certifications for Human Resource Professionals (PHR, SPHR) preferred
Natural interpersonal and communication skills
· Strong detail-oriented and resourceful mindset
· Knowledge of PeopleSoft a plus
· Knowledge of HR federal laws and regulations
100 Aeroglide Drive CaryCary, NC
BusinessView all jobs at Buhler Inc.
Get fresh HR Generalist Human Resources jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.