The R&D Engineer II is responsible for the development and implementation of advanced technologies into SCI products. This position will be the primary resource responsible for researching, planning, executing upon, and reporting out on experimental test or qualification plans involving existing and new technologies, processes, designs, and materials.
· Maintain a high level of expertise on the capabilities and designs of SCI products
· Identify, develop, evaluate, and implement technology solutions that differentiate SCI products.
· Provide technical support and troubleshooting at customers sites – Pre-sales, installation, training, and product upgrades for SCI’s new technologies, designs, and materials
Major Areas of Responsibility:
· Maintain expert knowledge of SCI products – Designs, Materials, Technologies, Applications
· Plan and execute internal testing- design/materials exploration, qualification, process application validation, and product demonstrations in response to internal or external requests
· Participate in the development of new products, product enhancements, and product applications
· Respond directly to customer requests for specific or new information about SCI products
· Provide support to engineering on complex production projects
· Develop and secure intellectual property where identified
· Provide technical sales support at customer sites for SCI’s new technologies
· 4-year engineering degree, Master’s degree preferred
· 5+ years’ experience in vacuum, thin films, and/or plasma systems
· Ability to plan and execute upon complex experimental programs, including hardware definition, data collection and analysis, data organization and presentation, and recommendations moving forward
· Keen attention to detail
· Must have great organizational skills and be able to multi task across projects
· Strong written, verbal, and presentations skills
· Must be able to travel up to 15%
Office setting and medium scale manufacturing facility.
This position may require working at a desk or standing in a shop floor environment for many hours.