Purchasing agents and buyers consider price, quality, availability, reliability, and technical support when choosing suppliers and merchandise. Buyers and purchasing agents buy products and services for organizations to use or resell. They evaluate and qualify suppliers, maintain SAP master data, negotiate contracts, and review the quality of products.
- Lead buying from assigned supplier portfolio
- Processing of purchase orders (locally and internationally).
- Sourcing of technical parts (locally and internationally).
- Negotiating with vendors (terms, conditions, pricing).
- Following up on confirmation of orders and delivery dates.
- Ensuring correctness of order confirmations.
- Resolving invoice discrepancies.
- Processing of quality issues and return shipments.
- Communication with internal and external clients
- Must arrive at work promptly and predictably
- Performs other duties as assigned
- 2 year program (Vo-Tech) in manufacturing engineering technology or equivalent, 3-5 years of technical purchasing experience
- Proficient software skills, Outlook, Word, Excel, SAP
- Ability to read and comprehend product drawings and schematics.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and make decisions independently, effectively, and creatively within established company guidelines.
- Detail oriented, team player.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and relationship building skills to effectively work with a variety of people and personalities; able to communicate clearly and effectively in person and in writing internally and externally.
- Must be able to multitask and work under pressure.
Why Work Here?Every day, billions of people use Bühler technologies and solutions to satisfy their basic needs for food, mobility, or communication. Bühler Group operates in over 140 countries. The North American headquarters is located in Plymouth, MN. This position is located at Sputtering Components, Inc. Sputtering Components designs and manufactures equipment used for physical vapor deposition of thin films. SCI's PVD products include rotary sputtering magnetrons (end blocks and magnetics) and complete vacuum coater process lid systems.
Buhler Group is an international innovative company with room to for you to grow and develop a long term career.