- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Buhler is a Swiss-based $2.6B company. We are an internationally recognized leader in the research and development, manufacture, and distribution of capital equipment and processing systems serving both the food and non-food industry. Buhler Inc. is seeking a highly motivated professional Process Engineer who will implement job site consulting and wet production start-up at customer’s site within the US and internationally.
Process Technologist provides technical support to sales team and our customers by supporting new equipment start-ups, performing existing equipment optimizations and evaluations, and conducting educational training seminars within the US and internationally. Process technologist prepares and conducts customer trials in application center, defines and sizes equipment for quotation preparation and implements production start-up at customer’s site within the US and internationally. Periodically, technologist holds lectures and short courses, writes scientific articles and supports research and development initiatives within the Buhler global team. The Process technologist should have the ability to travel 50% of the time, both domestic and internationally, and be able to work in factories with people from different regions around the world.
- Technical support to sales team and customers via different communication methods
- Customer training on-site for operation and maintenance
- Inspect customer equipment in the field for mechanical integrity to improve customer process and operation
- Collect process field data and make necessary recommendations to help improve equipment performance via after-visit reports and data analysis.
- Production start-up at customer’s site within the US and internationally
- Speaking at short courses & seminars, writing scientific articles and promoting Buhler’s drying capabilities
- Supporting research and development initiatives within Buhler global team
- Troubleshooting and problem solving in the production environment.
- Occasional trials and customer’s training in application center
- Domestic and/or International travel up to 50% (1-2 weeks at a time.)
· Understands marketing concepts and methods, modifying power point slides and other internal documents
· Prepare proposals, submitting invoices post visits, and general office admin responsibilities
Job Specifications (Desired education and experience)
- B.S. In Mechanical Engineering or Industrial Engineering, Chemical Engineering or relevant work experience.
- Fundamental understanding of mechanical and technical applications
- Ability to troubleshoot complex drying systems and take necessary measures
- Fundamental understanding of Food Science is a plus.
- Entrepreneurial spirit.
- Solid software skills, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel.
· Customer Service oriented: Can support and advise clients as representative of the company, enjoys working with customers
· Flexibility: ability to adapt to rapidly changing environment.
· Communication skills: writes reports for internal and external use; has good oral communication skills; able to speak to large audience.
· Ability to lift 50 lbs and travel 50% of the time
Buhler Inc.Why Work Here?
Buhler Group is an international innovative company with room to for you to grow and develop a long term career.
Bühler is a family-owned Swiss company. Every day, billions of people use Bühler technologies and solutions to satisfy their basic needs for food, mobility, or communication. Bühler Group operates in over 140 countries. The North American headquarters is located in Plymouth, MN.
100 Aeroglide DriveCary, NC