Mechanical Design Engineer
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Mechanical Design Engineer leads the Mechanical Engineering functions required for the design, manufacture, and delivery of Buhler Aeroglide dryers.
1. Perform sizing calculations and select dryer components based upon sales contract, process specifications and standards.
2. Align activities to properly execute tasks in support of the project schedule. Prioritize and manage work to support budgeted hours and scheduled due dates for projects.
3. Resolve questions or problems that occur during the design and manufacture of Buhler Aeroglide equipment.
4. Perform inspections of components, work-in-process and finished machinery.
5. Provide information required for equipment manuals to Technical Document Coordinator. Verify content and accuracy of completed manuals prior to issue.
6. Actively participate in project meetings with cross-functional team members, suppliers, and/or customers.
7. Resolve design and engineering issues that occur after the equipment is delivered to the customer.
Job Specifications (Desired education and experience)
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering
2. 3+ years of experience in the design and manufacture of OEM machinery
1. Proficient in engineering drafting/drawings and engineering principles and calculation including, strength of materials, stress analysis and dynamics.
2. Working knowledge of manufacturing and assembly practices, e.g. welding, sheet metal forming, press operations, etc.
3. Awareness of industry or regulatory codes.
4. Knowledge of ISO GPS dimensioning and tolerances
5. Familiarity with 8D process
6. Able to model complex assemblies in Autodesk Inventor
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
1. Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills
2. Customer focus
3. Sound judgment and decision making skills
4. Excellent problem solving skills
5. Ability to work in a matrix organization
6. Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to interface effectively with people inside and outside of the company
7. Able to plan and organize work in order to meet project dates and objectives
ManufacturingView all jobs at Buhler Inc.
Get fresh Lead Mechanical Engineer jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.