Plan, coordinate and supervise company estimating program providing technical and administrative direction to ensure corporate objectives are met.
- Ability to perform all estimating functions accurately.
- Acquire plans, read specifications, prepare a list of sub bids needed, plan distribution, quantity take-off, manage pricing, questions to architect, addenda distribution, prepare proposal form, get bid bonds, site, and pre-bid meetings, check estimate, delivery of Proposal
- Analyze project for risks with contract, specifications, and constructability, and notify management.
- Read and understand specifications for Front end, our work, and subcontractors.
- Put jobs together and run bid day process.
- Perform Budget, Conceptual and Hard Bid estimates.
- Work with the team and help prepare and present proposals for new work.
- Develop unit costs and historical data for actual costs of our firm on jobs past and current.
- Concrete, Building excavation, Carpentry, Miscellaneous steel
- Review and develop costs for labor burden and insurance.
- Visit job sites under construction to see what goes on and how it affects pricing.
- Work with Project Managers:
- Knowledge and understanding of Project Manager position in order to understand all risks; Job buyout, Subcontractor reference checks, Subcontract preparation, Cost code set up, purchase orders
- Work with Subcontractors and Suppliers to develop relationships.
- Good attendance and being punctual is an essential requirement for this position.
- Assume additional responsibilities as directed by corporate dictates.
Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications, and Experience:
- Accurate, Construction Management at Risk and conceptual estimating experience
- Education and experience include: Four-year engineering degree or equivalent, plus extensive (five or more years) experience/knowledge of construction, design, finance, and estimating required.
- Must be able to work with complex estimating tools and processes.
- A thorough understanding of corporate and industry practices, processes, standards, etc. and their impact on project activities vital; superior communication and interpersonal (tact, diplomacy, influence, etc.) skills essential.
- Make decisions and recommendations that can greatly impact the corporate relationship with the Architect and Client and profitability of projects.
- Superior communication skills, team player and a “get it done” attitude.
- Proven experience and judgment.
BTC is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants for all positions will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other protected status.
About Bufford-Thompson Company
BTC is a privately held construction manager that focuses on educational construction projects, specifically the K-12 market in the state of Texas.