IT Security Analyst (Remote)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Position: IT Security Analyst
BuddoBot is seeking an IT Security Analyst to provide support to the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) Office of the Chief Information Officer (OCIO) –Independent Verification & Validation (IV&V) division.
HUD’s EA and IV&V Support services has a requirement to create integrated, unified, and comprehensive enterprise architecture program and associated management processes (e.g., office, etc.). In maturing the EA Support Services, HUD’s approach of Architect, Invest and Implement will be used to ensure mission performance within the HUD business areas including the effective and efficient alignment of HUD’s IT resources with its strategic business objectives.
The IV&V Support Services support will integrate elements of strategy, planning, and engineering to provide HUD OCIO with a holistic view of the HUD IT portfolio – through a variety of lenses (e.g., acquisition, project management, technology, and cybersecurity).
The IT Security Analyst must have the ability to analyze security performance data with strong reporting and writing skills as well as familiarization with Cyber Incident Response Team processes. The IT Security Response Specialist is also responsible for enabling the creation and sharing of business information in support of the client’s mission. The IT Security Analyst manages the client’s portfolio of information and IT to ensure their investments generate business value while mitigating risks.
Clearance Requirement: Ability to obtain Public Trust Level 1
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain consistent interaction with HUD/Government employees and contractors in order to thoroughly investigate, document and report various incidents and occurrences.
- Provide analysis and consulting services with HUD points of contact (POCs), attend meetings, review, assess, and occasionally write white papers, on Best Practices and changes.
- Analyze data for monthly Quality Assurance Monitoring reports.
- Provide technical, managerial, and administrative direction for problem definition, analysis, requirements development and implementation for extremely complex systems in the IV&V subject matter area.
- Make recommendations and advise on organization or enterprise-wide system improvements, requirements, systems design, optimization, or sustainment efforts in one or more specialized areas of the IV&V.
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Strong interpersonal relationship skills.
- Ability to follow policies and procedures.
- Ability to clearly communicate to users that lack understanding of common technological language/terminology.
- Efficient troubleshooting abilities.
- Aptitude to address negative situation and resolve them in a positive manner.
Education and Certification Requirements:
Bachelors or master’s degree in IT Computer/Software or a similar discipline and at least one of the following certifications:
- CompTIA Security+ (SYO-601)
- Certified Ethical Hacker (CEHv11)
- Cyber Incident Response Team
Background and Experience:
- 10+ years’ experience.
- In lieu of the 10 years of experience, the IT Subject Matter Expert (Senior Technical Specialist) may have a master’s degree from an accredited academic institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in one or more of the following disciplines in the IT Computer/Software field or a similar discipline, with a minimum of 4 years of experience working under a similar project.
Desired Technical Skills:
- Proficient with Cyber Incident Response Team processes
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products
- Proficient with Microsoft servers v2019 and RedHat Linux 6-9
- Proficient experience with Virtual Machines (VMs) and cloud computing
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- General office environment. Work is generally sedentary in nature but may require movement about the office for up to 10% of the time. The working environment is generally favorable. Lighting and temperature are adequate, and there are not hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc. Work is generally performed within an office environment, with standard office equipment available.
- Contractor site with 0-10% travel possible
- Possible off-hours work to support releases and outages
- Occasional movement of small articles up to 10lbs
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time
- Continually operates a computer and other office productivity machinery
- Occasionally required to move self in different positions to accomplish tasks in various environment including tight and confined spaces
- Continually required to communicate information and ideas so others will understand
- Continually utilize visual acuity to operate equipment, read technical information, and/or use a keyboard
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or physical requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Equal Employment Opportunity Veterans/Disabled
Get fresh Remote Security Analyst jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.