Active Directory - Exchange Engineer II
- Posted: over a month ago
Position: Active Directory – Exchange Engineer II
Shift Schedule: 0600 - 1800, Thursday - Saturday and every other Wednesday
In this role, the successful candidate is the forefront of the Enterprise Directory Management (EDM) team, providing Tier II support in incident and event management. EDM supports over 265,000 user accounts and 140,000 computer accounts across several Active Directory (AD) domains on Government operated networks. This team is responsible for the day-to-day operation and support for all of EDM’s technologies listed below. This effort includes the initial identification and troubleshooting of outages and rapid resolutions to enterprise level outages. This effort also includes providing escalated troubleshooting support from subordinate and regional Marine Corps Units.
The successful candidate will have a strong background with either Microsoft Exchange or Active Directory, with experience in both areas. The enterprise network is in support of a 255,000 user environment across multiple Active Directory forests and locations. The candidate will be expected to use their experience with messaging including Mailbox Servers, Hub Transports Servers, Customer Access Servers, Outlook Web Access, Blackberry Enterprise Server (BES) Integration and Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) to provide messaging support.
Clearance Requirement: Active DoD - TS/SCI
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintains the overall health of technologies associated with EDM.
- Resolves Active Directory tickets escalated from the service desk including the administrative activities and provide an EDM weekly Messaging Status Report.
- Develops and maintains supporting documentation to improve success rates in completing service requests and incident resolutions. To include, but not limited to: templates, desktop procedures, knowledge base archives, and turnover logs.
- Monitors the health of All EDM systems with Marine Corp Network Operations and Security Center (MCNOSC) - provided event management tools and makes corrective actions to incidents that lower the availability of enterprise system services.
- Supports change management process; submits requests through Change Approval Board; participates in a Change Review Board. Specifically coordinates EDM maintenance to ensure all changes are known and reported to prevent erroneous reports of outages and reduce troubleshooting time for failed maintenance.
- Escalates product issues to the appropriate Tier III product group.
- Implements monitoring tool thresholds and conduct proactive event remediation.
- Provides Microsoft Enterprise Exchange operational configuration management support.
- Escalates product issues that cannot be resolved internally to the next echelon of support.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to follow policies and procedures
- Ability to communicate in a clear speaking voice as well as the ability to respond clearly to questions
- Aptitude to address negative situations and resolve them in a positive manner.
Education and Certification Requirements:
- 5 years of experience with Microsoft Exchange and Active Directory
- IAT III certification (CISA, GCIH, GCED, CASP, or CISSP [or Associate])
- Professional series Certification within the product groups technology scope (e.g. MCSE [AD or Exchange], MCITP [AD or Exchange])
Background and Experience:
- Knowledge of Microsoft Exchange PowerShell commands needed to manage Exchange 2010/2013/2016 features, roles, mailboxes, performance and troubleshooting
- Thorough working knowledge of Windows Server 2008/2010/2013
- Thorough working knowledge of Active Directory as it relates to messaging technologies.
- The underlying infrastructure consists of both physical servers and VMware based servers which requires knowledge in VMware Virtualization and VMware vCloud to perform the specialized EDM Active Directory tasks.
Required Technical Skills:
- Knowledge of Microsoft Exchange PowerShell commands needed to manage Exchange 2010/2013 features, roles, mailboxes, performance and troubleshooting
- Thorough working knowledge of Windows Server 2010/2012
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- General office environment. Work is generally sedentary in nature but may require movement about the office for up to 10% of the time. The working environment is generally favorable. Lighting and temperature are adequate, and there are not hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc. Work is generally performed within an office environment, with standard office equipment available.
- Contractor site with 0-10% travel possible
- Possible off-hours work to support releases and outages
- Occasional movement of small articles up to 10lbs
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time
- Continually operates a computer and other office productivity machinery
- Occasionally required to move self in different positions to accomplish tasks in various environment including tight and confined spaces
- Continually required to communicate information and ideas so others will understand
- Continually utilize visual acuity to operate equipment, read technical information, and/or use a keyboard
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or physical requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Equal Employment Opportunity Veterans/Disabled
6:00AM - 6:00PM, Thursday - Saturday and every other Wednesday
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?