Bucks County Drug & Alcohol Commission, Inc., is seeking a Drug and Alcohol Specialist to facilitate services within two Recovery Unit programs at the Bucks County Correctional Facility, located in Doylestown, Pennsylvania. This full-time position encompasses providing intervention services to both male and female inmates with substance use and/or co-occurring disorders.
In addition, the Drug and Alcohol Specialist is responsible for the following:
- Screening and assessment, intervention group facilitation, case coordination, consultation, referral and education
- Facilitating individual, group, and family educational/intervention sessions
- Evaluating the individual and family systems as well as assessment of the individual’s non-treatment needs and making appropriate referrals to meet those needs
- Developing, implementing, and maintaining partnerships with internal Corrections staff and community providers
- Maintaining case records and documentation
- Coordinating discharge plans
- Attending staff meetings, conferences, training, and other activities, as required
Master’s degree or above from an accredited college with a major in chemical dependency, psychology, social work, counseling, nursing (with a clinical specialty in human services) or other related field which includes a practicum in a health or human services agency, preferably in a drug and alcohol setting with a minimum of two (2) years of documented experience. Current licensure in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania preferred.
Possess, or in the process of receiving, full certification as an addictions counselor by a statewide certification body, which is a member of a national certification body or certification by another state government’s substance abuse counseling certification board.
Possess or in the process of receiving full certification as an addictions counselor which may include the Certified Addictions Counselor, Certified Co-occurring Disorders Professional, or Certified Criminal Justice Addictions Professional offered by the Pennsylvania Certification Board.
Bilingual in Spanish helpful
Prospective candidates ideally will be aware of programming within a correctional setting, and minimally aware of group dynamics, delivery of services, and cognitive behavioral approaches.
Bucks County Drug and Alcohol Commission, Inc.
Why Work Here?Bucks County Drug & Alcohol Commission, Inc. is the state and locally designated Single County Authority (SCA) for alcohol, tobacco and other drugs, the agency works continuously to ensure the provision of a comprehensive and balanced continuum of quality prevention, intervention and treatment services for Bucks County.
Awesome mission and great benefits!