Bucks County Drug & Alcohol Commission, Inc., is seeking a Drug and Alcohol Specialist to facilitate services within two Recovery Unit programs at the Bucks County Correctional Facility, located in Doylestown, Pennsylvania. This full-time position encompasses providing intervention services to both male and female inmates with substance use and/or co-occurring disorders.
In addition, the Drug and Alcohol Specialist is responsible for the following:
- Screening and assessment, intervention group facilitation, case coordination, consultation, referral and education.
- Facilitating individual, group, and family educational/intervention sessions.
- Evaluating the individual and family systems as well as assessment of the individual’s non-treatment needs and making appropriate referrals to meet those needs.
- Developing, implementing, and maintaining partnerships with internal Corrections staff and community providers
- Maintaining case records and documentation.
- Coordinating discharge plans.
- Attending staff meetings, conferences, training, and other activities, as required.
Master’s degree or above from an accredited college with a major in chemical dependency, psychology, social work, counseling, nursing (with a clinical specialty in human services) or other related field which includes a practicum in a health or human services agency, preferably in a drug and alcohol setting with a minimum of two (2) years of documented experience. Current licensure in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania preferred.
- Possess, or in the process of receiving, full certification as an addictions counselor by a statewide certification body, which is a member of a national certification body or certification by another state government’s substance abuse counseling certification board.
- Possess or in the process of receiving full certification as an addictions counselor which may include the Certified Addictions Counselor, Certified Co-occurring Disorders Professional, or Certified Criminal Justice Addictions Professional offered by the Pennsylvania Certification Board.
- Bilingual in Spanish helpful.
- Prospective candidates ideally will be aware of programming within a correctional setting, and minimally aware of group dynamics, delivery of services, and cognitive behavioral approaches.