Accounting Manager - Green Energy - Hybrid Schedule
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
- Location: Chicago Loop
- Schedule: 2/3 days in office and 2/3 days WFH weekly
We drive innovation in energy. Powered by decades of entrepreneurial experience and unparalleled execution, we solve the energy challenges facing our customers and communities. We provide power generation and storage solutions at scale around the world to create a cleaner energy future. We develop. We build. We own. We operate. We are investing in the future!
The Accounting Manager will be responsible for managing accounting related activities for multiple entities. This role will oversee all tasks necessary to ensure compliance with relevant agreements, GAAP and other regulatory requirements. This position will lead a team of Accountants based in Chicago, IL. and work closely with the various accounting and tax consultants, contractors, third-party service providers.
- Effectively lead, develop, and manage Accounting Staff.
- Execution of accurate and timely month-end and year- end close utilizing the ERP and reporting systems.
- Ensure completeness and accuracy of account reconciliations and financial activity, including cash, receivable billings & collections, accounts payable, prepaid expenses, and accrued liabilities.
- Lead and participate in year-end statutory audits for assigned project entities.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of strong accounting policies and procedures.
- Assist in the adoption and implementation of new accounting pronouncements.
- Ensure compliance with internal control processes.
- Assist in the creation of efficiencies in accounting processes by implementing process improvements, technology driven solutions and automation. Partner with Financial Systems to ensure all financial systems are properly operating to capture and produce timely and accurate information and support the company's growth.
- Perform other accounting, financial, or administrative tasks as may be required from time-to-time.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting.
- CPA a Plus
- 5+ years of progressive accounting experience, BIG 4 experience is a plus
- Multi-Site Organization SEC Company or Public accounting firm experience preferred.
- In depth knowledge of US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Highly analytical, detail oriented and strong business sense; proven ability to manage new ideas and creative solutions.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills, including ability to communicate proficiently with all levels of Management.
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Buckingham Search