Buckeye Community Services, Inc is a non-profit agency providing services and supports to individuals who have developmental disabilities. We serve Jackson, Gallia, Meigs, Athens, Vinton, and Pike Counties. We provide residential, day array, employment services.
Our Mission is to provide excellent, person centered, kind, caring, and compassionate services to people who have a developmental disability.
The Executive Director is the key management leader of BCS. The Executive Director is responsible for overseeing the administration, programs, and strategic plan of the organization. Other key duties include marketing, community outreach, fundraising. This position also requires participation and leadership in OPRA and in other involvement with DODD, ODH, and JFS. The position reports directly to the Board of Directors.
Essential Responsibilities Include:
· Works with the board in order to fulfill the organization mission. The executive director is responsible for leading BCS in a manner that supports and guides the organization’s mission.
· Responsible for communicating effectively with the board and providing all information necessary for the Board to function properly and to make informed decisions.
· Responsible for the fiscal integrity of BCS, to approve include submission to the Board a proposed annual budget and financial statements, which accurately reflect the financial condition of the organization.
· Responsible for the fiscal management ensuring that maximum resource utilization and maintenance of the organization in a positive financial position. This requires a good relationship with the Business Office Manager.
· Adherence and compliance with all federal, state, and local rules and regulation governing operations of a Non-profit organization in the state of Ohio.
· Adherence and compliance with all federal, state, and local rules and regulations governing operation of and agency certified and licensed to provide services through the Ohio Department of Developmental Disabilities.
· Develop, implement and enforce all company policies and procedures according to agency, state and federal standards.
· Establish and maintain community relationships
· Work cooperatively and collaboratively with private and governmental agencies to assure supports are provided according to best practices.
· Supervise and collaborate with organization staff.
· Strategic planning and implementation
· Planning and operation of annual budget
· Serve as the agency’s primary spokesperson to the organization’s constituents, the media and general public.
· Establish and maintain relationships with various organizations and utilize those relationships to strategically enhance BCS’s mission
· Establish employment and administrative policies and procedures for all functions and for the day-to-day operations of BCS
· Review and approve contracts for services.
· Other duties as assigned by the Board of Directors
· A high school diploma and a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
· Prefer a social work or related degree
· Ohio Drivers License
· Have at least (4) four years of full- time paid work experience as a supervisor of programs or services for individuals with developmental disabilities.
· Have at least (1) year full time paid work experience in provision of services for individuals with DD which include responsibility for:
1. Personnel matter
2. Supervision of employees
3. Program Services
4. Solid organizational abilities, including planning, delegating, program development, financial management
Meets certification requirements for CEO as defined by Ohio Department of Developmental Disabilities including a good/acceptable background investigation in accordance with 5123-2-02 of OAC and acceptable fingerprints
· Transparent and high integrity leadership
· Experience and skill in working with a Board of Directors
· Demonstrated ability to oversee and collaborate with staff.
· High level strategic thinking and planning
· Fundraising experience
· Previous success in establishing relationships with individuals and organizations of influence including funders, partner agencies and volunteers.
· Solid organizational abilities, including planning, delegating, program development and task facilitation.
· Strong financial management skills, including budget preparation analysis decision making and reporting.
· Strong written and oral communication skills.
· Strong public speaking ability.
· Strong work ethic with a high degree of integrity!
Buckeye Community Services
Why Work Here?Buckeye Community Services, Inc is a non-profit agency providing services and supports to individuals who have developmental disabilities. We serve Jackson, Gallia, Meigs, Athens, Vinton, and Pike Counties. We provide residential, day array, employment services.
Our Mission is to provide excellent, person centered, kind, caring, and compassionate services to people who have a developmental disability