Software QA Tester
- Posted: October 21, 2022
We're looking for game changers. People who love what they do and who they do it for. Providing consulting services in operational support, intelligence collection, reporting, and data governance, RenXTech is a leader in delivering solutions for high priority national security concerns. Are you ready for a change?
RenXTech is looking for a Software QA Tester to join our team in the Reston, VA area!
We welcome the most challenging problems facing our national security and apply intellect, talent, and innovation to reach feasible and valuable solutions to each challenge. That means we expect our employees to bring their "A game," and you have the right to expect the same from the company that employs you. We want to hear your ideas. We want to hear your concerns. We want to make sure you have what you need to do the best you can on the job and grow in your career with us over time. Almost all companies say they have a culture of inclusiveness and that they value employee input, but RenXTech puts that statement to work every day. It's time for a change. Come and experience a company that actually cares.ClearanceTS/SCI - FSPResponsibilities
The Sponsor hosts, manages, operates, maintains, and provides end user support for an enterprise Tableau capability on its core networks that allows users to publish, view, and share data with other mission partners across the Sponsor's networks. The Sponsor may require support for additional visualization capabilities, or decommission others, and will look to the Contractor to support these capabilities if, or when they are added to the program portfolio.
The Contractor shall provide development, operations and maintenance (O&M), license management, and end user support for Tableau products and services on the Sponsor's core enterprise networks and a handful of mission partner networks to include, but not limited to, Tableau Server, Creator, Explorer, Viewer, Prep-Conductor, e-Learning, data add-ons, and connector libraries.
- The Contractor shall administer, operate, and maintain a cloud based infrastructure to support the hosting of Tableau products and services on up to 4 Sponsor enterprise networks.
- The Contractor shall use AWS Managed Services such as Elastic Cloud Compute (EC2) Key Management Services (KMS), or similar cloud services and related tools.
- The Contractor shall administer, operate, and maintain up to 30 Tableau servers in support of Tableau instances on up to 4 of the Sponsor's enterprise networks.
- The Contractor shall provide Sponsor mission partners technical guidance for the standup of Tableau instances on mission partner networks.
- The Contractor shall provide a license management process to manage, track, and assign Tableau licenses and services deployed on Sponsor enterprise and mission networks.
- The Contractor shall conduct cost recovery for Tableau licenses, and other Commercial off the shelf (COTS) and Government off the shelf (GOTS) products and services as appropriate.
- The Contractor shall coordinate with partners to obtain license requirements, funding information, and user metrics as part of the cost recovery process.
- The Contractor shall provide end user support for troubleshooting, usability questions, site creation, license management and distribution of Tableau products and services
- The Contractor shall provide Tableau training support and consultations to Sponsor mission partners on product overviews, capability demonstrations, overviews, how-tos, and best practices for Tableau dashboard creation and maintenance.
- The Contractor shall operate, and maintain program websites and wikis that contain documentation on supported capabilities, program processes, and how-tos.
- The Contractor shall leverage, and integrate Sponsor enterprise access control and data securing capabilities and standards with the Tableau platform to ensure proper data protections for workbooks and dashboards.
- The Contractor shall design, develop, deploy, and maintain a DevOps pipeline to support automation, and rapid deployment up of new hosting environments, capabilities, and features.
- The Contractor shall design, develop, deploy, and maintain scripts for data sync functions, access controls, monitoring and audit functions to assist with capability administration activities.
- The Contractor shall develop and maintain system and capability documentation, security plans, and operating procedures for the enterprise capabilities it operates and maintains.
- The Contractor shall generate and document capability and system requirements.
- The Contractor shall provide status updates to the Sponsor and partners on requirement completion and system status on a monthly basis, or as required.
- The Contractor shall work with the Sponsor and Tableau Corporate to generate and refine new requirements for development and inclusion into the Tableau commercial software package.
- The Contractor shall coordinate with the Sponsor and Tableau Corporate to obtain the latest Tableau software versions to support two version release per Calendar Year on Sponsor systems.
- The Contractor shall coordinate with the Sponsor and Tableau Corporate to obtain software patches to mitigate vulnerabilities or functionality deficiencies as identified by Sponsor security or end users.
- The Contractor shall provide software files to, and coordinate with the Sponsor's enterprise deployment team on Tableau software package requirements and compilation prior to deployment.
- The Contractor shall test software packages compiled by the enterprise deployment team to verify functionality and package readiness prior to deployment.
- The Contractor shall coordinate with the enterprise deployment team on scope and schedule of deployment for Tableau software upgrades and patches, and availability in Software Center.
- The Contractor shall operate and maintain a dashboard and system for obtaining and reporting metrics on system status, tool use, cost recovery, system and license assignment.
- The Contractor shall develop and deploy an automated, self service capability for partners to obtain usage and viewing metrics pertaining to their license pool, sites, and projects.
- The Contractor shall identify key interdependencies, roadblocks, issues, and risks, and develop, and implement plans to proactively address issues in a timely manner.
- The Contractor shall make recommendations on system architecture and capability inclusion.
- The Contractor shall evaluate existing Sponsor visualization systems and capabilities, and inherit the development and O&M responsibilities for those systems as directed by the Sponsor.
- The Contractor shall utilize commercial and Sponsor best practices and processes for software development, deployment, and documentation.
- The Contractor shall comply with the Sponsor's Assessments and Authorization (A&A) process.
- The Contractor shall address A&A auditing and technical documentation requirements.
The Contractor shall have the following required skills, certifications and demonstrated experience:
Demonstrated experience with Tableau Desktop, Server, Prep/Conductor, data connectors, and other Tableau add-ons.
Demonstrated experience with standup, operation, and maintenance of enterprise capabilities and infrastructure.
Demonstrated experience with Powershell.
Demonstrated experience with Windows Server administration.
Demonstrated experience with AWS, Azure, and similar cloud platforms.
Demonstrated experience with cloud based managed services such as Simple Workflow (SWF), Data Pipeline, Relational Database (RDS), Cloudwatch, Cloudbreak, EC2, EBS, S3, KMS.
Demonstrated experience with requesting application and server certifications and updating AMIs.
Demonstrated experience with DevOps principles, pipeline development, deployment, maintenance, and process automation.
Demonstrated experience with enabling Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery.
Demonstrated experience with automating server standups and builds.
Demonstrated experience with requirements management.
Demonstrated experience using Jira, Confluence, Github, and Jenkins.
Demonstrated experience providing end user support for GOTS and COTS software products.
Demonstrated experience configuring systems and service for access control.
Demonstrated experience configuring systems and services to utilize Public Key Infrastructure (PKI).
Demonstrated experience using NoSQL, SQL, Excel, CSV, Spark, JIRA, and ServiceNow Databases.
Demonstrated experience with full software development lifecycle
Demonstrated experience with full lifecycle product management.
Demonstrated experience with Agile methodologies and working in an agile environment
Demonstrated experience with the Sponsor's A&A process and composing required documentation
Demonstrated experience with agile development methodologies and test driven development.
Demonstrated experience with strong oral and written communication skills.
Demonstrated experience in test automation.
Demonstrated experience with accessibility testing.
Skills and demonstrated experiences that are highly desired but not required to perform the work include:
- Demonstrated experience with Linux CentOS.
- Demonstrated experience with Linux server administration.
- Demonstrated experience with database administration.
- Demonstrated experience with Tableau data connectors and workbooks, and dashboard creation and management.
RenXTech is a wholly owned subsidiary of Buchanan & Edwards, and provides consulting services in operational support, intelligence collection, reporting, and data governance. Located in Arlington, VA, RenXTech offers expertise on a variety of national security topics, with specific focus on operational support, technical operations, policies and management of large volumes of data, analysis of large amounts of data, & effective approaches to evaluating and sharing data, and innovative techniques for information collection. Our consultants develop and deliver training programs on subjects including cyber intelligence, data governance and information sharing protocols, intelligence collection, and reporting techniques. RenXTech has a mission first culture and boasts the benefits & perks of a small company with the resources, stability, and career mobility of a large corporation. RenXTech is dedicated to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity and inclusion. We are committed to crafting a workplace that endorses creativity and innovation, and promotes engagement through open communication, acceptance of new people and ideas, and a supportive team dynamic. RenXTech is an equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities / Women / Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
#CJEmployment Type: OTHER
Buchanan & Edwards
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?