Within our culture you’ll experience team members who make a commitment daily to model servant leadership in order to identify and meet the needs of others. These leaders are found at all levels throughout Bruner and focus on two types of results: 1) obtaining the resources necessary for the organization to grow while meeting business demand, and 2) making a positive contribution to the world by serving employees, customers and the community.
What differentiates Bruner from other employers is a positive workplace environment. You will have work/life balance, a high level of work flexibility and a manager who cares about employee concerns, helps them learn and grown, and makes it easier for their team to do their job well. Employees overwhelming indicate that their job makes them feel like they are part of something meaningful.
Bruner Corporation is presently searching for an experienced Senior Project Manager with high aspirations and a desire to make a difference in the construction industry in a very high profile position.
Can you lead change, proactively control project risks and completely impress our valued clients? Candidates should have a background managing multi-million dollar commercial mechanical projects. Must be in the top tier within the industry and have a strong reputation for quality, reducing and controlling costs, and coaching others toward career success. Must be willing to relocate to Columbus,Ohio..
Bruner Corporation offers a highly competitive salary and attractive benefits. Don’t miss the opportunity to work for the largest mechanical contractor in Ohio
Do You Want To:
- Further develop your Lean construction management skills
- Lead Change
- Proactively control project risks
- Impress clients
- Have a strong reputation for quality, reducing and controlling costs and coaching others toward career success
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Foster customer relationships and work collaboratively with all internal and external groups to effectively and efficiently meet clients’ needs.
- Conduct timely and complete turnover meetings to transfer information from those who estimated the project to those executing projects
- Direct the pre-construction planning process, accurately scope out length and difficulty of tasks and projects, develop schedules, anticipate and adjust for problems and roadblocks, and collaborate with project foremen to proactively resolve construction problems
- Set objectives and goals with specific measures
- Effectively details plan to procure and coordinate materials, equipment, tradesmen, and subcontractors to maximizes project profitability
- Establish costs for labor equipment, materials, subcontractors and other direct job costs
- Proactively monitor costs and reacts to variations quickly; monitors labor reporting system to effectively control productivity; ensures financial success of project
- Ensure timely billings
- Manage project risks, including the development of contingency plans
- Recommend methods and/or improvements based on project needs and resource capabilities.
- Ensure job site employees maintain a safe work environment by conducting safety audits.
- Challenge and empower project engineers with developmental experiences and to make decisions Construct compelling development plans to advance their careers; inspire others to set and achieve challenging goals; maintain a deep talent bench.
Knowledge, Skills and Education Qualifications:
- Generally has at least 5 years of related project management experience including project budgeting, proposal review, design/value engineering, and project accounting.
- Excellent knowledge of HVAC, plumbing and process piping, hydronics, refrigeration codes, equipment, materials, and installation process in pre-construction, new construction, design/build, value engineering and other services are offered by Bruner
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering or related field
- Prefer PE license
- Working knowledge of and ability to apply OSHA safety standards.
- A solid resume with a history of long tenures and a steady employment history
Personal and Organizational Skills Include:
- Ability to effectively organize and handle multiple complex projects under pressure at one time
- Provides the information people need to know to do their jobs and make accurate decisions
- Establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect; dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers
- Sought out by others for advice and solutions; makes good decisions based upon a mixture of analysis, experience, and judgment
- Skillful negotiator in tough situations with both internal and external groups
- Bottom-line oriented
- Proactively identifies problems; can see underlying or hidden problems and patterns
- Imposes rigorous standards of excellence upon thinking; formulates clear and precise questions regarding a problem; assesses assumptions, test conclusions against relevant criteria and standards
- Uses time effectively and efficiently; sets priorities
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Access Database)
- Microsoft Project
- Penta, prefer
Bruner Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V