Pay Range: $18.00 - $22.00
Shift: Overnight 7 pm – 7 am (includes alternate weekend work)
Maintain production and quality by ensuring operation of machinery and mechanical equipment.
Must demonstrate a commitment to meeting safety, quality, 5S, and continuous improvement.
Primary duties will include:
- Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on machinery and mechanical equipment; following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions, and engineering specifications; troubleshooting malfunctions.
- Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation; listening for problems; using precision measuring and testing instruments.
- Removes defective parts by dismantling devices; using hoists, cranes, and hand and power tools.
- Determines changes in dimensional requirements of parts by inspecting used parts; using rules, calipers, micrometers, and other measuring instruments.
- Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments by using hand tools.
- Controls downtime by informing production workers of routine preventive maintenance techniques; monitoring compliance.
- Maintains equipment, parts, and supplies inventories by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed equipment, parts, and supplies; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt.
- Prepares mechanical maintenance reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- The ability to perform occasional heavy physical work, including lifting 50 pounds
- High School diploma or equivalent; vocational degree in industrial maintenance preferred.
- 3 – 5 years of maintenance experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of pneumatics, hydraulics, and mechanical systems.
- Basic knowledge of electrical systems.
- PLC experience a plus.
- Basic mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to communicate in English.
- Able to diagnose and analyze mechanical problems.
- Fundamental PC skills.
- Able to use precision measuring instruments such as calipers and micrometers.
- Wire draw machinery experience in manufacturing environment, motor and gears expertise troubleshooting PLC.
- Disciplined in following standard operating procedures.
- Other duties as required