Full time position with long term potential.
Summary: Analyzes industry and economic information for use in advisory and marketing material by performing the following duties:
- Assist in production of Brugler Marketing & Management advisory and analytical material.
- Write multiple daily market commentaries for dissemination to various national and international Brugler Marketing clients & market segments.
- Maintain historical commodity market information and analysis tools within Brugler Marketing.
- Gather and analyze commodity industry, regulatory and economic information from financial periodicals and newspapers. Stay up to date on current commodity industry events.
- Perform statistical price forecasts. Prepare research data for market analysis.
- Assist with preparation and presentation of educational meetings and seminars. Create and update market outlooks and educational presentations and conduct presentations at regional seminars.
- Assist with new client sales and initial customer setup and training.
- Assist with social media campaigns.
Microsoft Word and Excel competence is important. Strong writing skills are required as well as some economics and statistics training at the college level. A timed analysis and writing exercise will be required of all applicants who are asked to interview. Background in agriculture or 2-5 years of experience in the commodity markets will be a definite asset. Brokerage experience and/or an existing Series 3 license are particularly valuable. Communication skills and demonstrated ability to be a team player are important, as are initiative and the ability to self-motivate during periods of independent work.
Base compensation for this full time position in Omaha, Nebraska is $42-48,000/year. Performance incentives are available. Annual salary rate is subject to demonstrated skills and experience. Benefits upon completion of any probationary period include a 401(K) plan with 4% employer match (subject to vesting requirements), and two weeks paid vacation per year as part of a PTO plan. Other benefits and terms of employment are listed in the Brugler Marketing personnel policy.
Alan Brugler, President, Brugler Marketing & Management LLC
1908 N 203rd St, Suite 7
Omaha, NE 68022