Bruce Industrial, a Mechanical Contracting Firm, with multiple specialty construction divisions are currently looking for a capable, experienced Job Cost / Customer Invoicing Clerk (Billing Specialist.) As a contractor we require a dedicated, thorough and very special office team to function at the level of excellence that has kept us in business for over 70 years! We are looking for that "Diamond in the Rough" to utilize their skills and knowledge to grow and improve our Accounting Team. The right candidate will have the desire and drive to take on the tasks given while looking for ways to improve. This person will be a team player that has the best interest of the accounting team and the company in mind, but also has the strength and skill to work independently.
If you are a person that thrives in a busy, rough around the edges type of environment, willing to do what it takes to succeed personally and with your team, then please apply now! If you are looking for a place to show your desire, drive and appreciation for producing great results then look no further, we are here waiting for you!!!
We offer a great place to learn and grow - 401K and Medical Benefits Package - Variety of Employee Incentive Opportunities - Vacation - Paid Holidays - Employee Education Reimbursement Plans - Office Hours - Benefits of working for a Private Family Owned Business
Cost Accounting Analysis and Processing
Review all contract and customer purchase orders upon receipt. Communicate any customer payment terms with Assistant Controller if not in our prior agreed or standard credit terms.
Job Sheet review and job set up in QuickBooks
• Verify the accuracy of data by analyzing purchase orders, tickets, and job cost/labor costs on payroll reports before writing invoices.
• Verifying correct billing rates per individual customer and our T&M Rate Schedule
• Work with Purchasing Dept. and field personnel to acquire necessary material backup information to send with billings. Generate/ review reports (labor reports, certified payroll reports) and gather required billing backup copies of material invoices, copies of packing slips, subs, signed T&M tickets, proof of payments, etc. to be sent with invoices.
Maintain digital and physical construction project files, including assisting with contracts and subcontracts, correspondence, filing, and setting up project budgets in our accounting databases
• Investigate when no PO # or Sub is on file; contact PMs and/or customers directly for information
Review of all contract documents to assess billing and lien waiver requirements, sworn statements and other required paperwork
• Verification of information while compiling data to prepare all forms of AIA, including the computation of labor rates, fees, material cost, subcontractor charges, etc.
Review, Process, approval and cost coding of all vendor job bills.
Entry of Vendor bills as directed by the Assistant Controller
Assess and pursue opportunities for maximization of customer billing; communicate with the Assistant Controller, as to your observations and actions taken
Assist with the quarterly WIP reporting as directed by Controller
Submit annual 1099 reporting to subcontractors and state as required
Manage project closeout process with project management and work on changes and back-charges in the close-out
Weekly Customer Invoicing
Participate in Friday morning PM Meetings to go over the billings to be done, job completions, issues with billings, lack or incorrect customer PO’s, and any escalated collection issues. Must bring required job reports for review.
• Prepare invoices to general contractors as required by the contract using QuickBooks Enterprises Software Program.
Standard lump sum billings of small jobs and progress billings
AIA Monthly billings – When necessary
Large contract progress billings
• Keep schedule of due dates
Track how, when and to who our invoices were sent.
Keep track of any customer retainage
Generating and distributing invoices electronically, by 1st Class mail, or Faxing as required by the customers. Familiarize with our customers billing requirements to ensure the timely receipt of our invoices and timely payment.
Provide exceptional customer service and answering questions through the billing process. Quick resolution to discrepancies or issues between clients and the company is mandatory.
Aggressively follow up with clients to ensure that invoices have been received, approved and payments are processed in a timely manner and minimize our A/R. Build and maintain relationships with client finance departments. Establish rapport with key AP personnel and/or Project Accountants.
• Initiate contact with customers having delinquent accounts and collect overdue payments from customers in a timely manner utilizing strong interpersonal communications skills and creative negotiating tactics.
• Reviews the aging of past due invoices and unapplied payments; including follow-up with customer to insure timely resolution of disputed and/or unpaid invoices
• Place follow-up calls as required to resolve issues.
• Weekly A/R meetings – as needed- to discuss outstanding and unresolved issues with Operation Managers and Assistant Controller.
• Processing of customer payments into the computer system – Assist when necessary
Other Duties – (not limited to)
Review and Process of petty cash receipts
Weekly Equipment Posting
Entry and Maintenance of the DE Prepaid Permit account
Assist with Vendor Calls
Create and maintain all customer job files. Ensure proper documentation such as contracts, change orders, adjustments, all costs, timesheets, and any other pertinent information are located in the correct job files.
Assist with the proper maintenance of client files and billing information within the company database.
Assist with new customer credit applications or applications to increase current credit line.
All Administrative job duties – as needed such as answering multi line phones, greeting guests, processing mail, filing, document creation, etc.
Additional miscellaneous duties to support project accounting needs may be assigned