Bruce Harris & Associates Batavia, IL
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Organization: Bruce Harris & Associates, Inc.
Title: GIS Analyst
Location: Batavia, IL/Work from Home
The GIS Analyst is responsible for the deployment, implementation and configuration of Esri’s ArcGIS Platform as well as providing offsite GIS consulting and client training. The GIS Analyst will provide technical assistance on configuration and use of BHA and ESRI provided apps and templates, gather requirements for future projects and ideas for app development projects, encourage use of BHA product line and play an active role in implementation thereof.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The GIS Analyst takes on the following responsibilities:
- Complete specific projects using Esri’s ArcGIS products. These projects include:
- GIS data creation
- GIS data conversion
- Geodatabase Design
- ArcGIS Online Implementation
- ArcGIS Online Configuration
- ArcGIS Enterprise map services creation and/or maintenance
- Map production and cartography
- ArcGIS Enterprise (ArcSDE) Administration related tasks
- Geoprocessing using Python and/or Model Builder
- Completion of projects and tasks in a timely manner.
- Provide Technical Support both internally and to clients.
- Prepare Production projects for delivery.
- Conduct QA/QC procedures to ensure accuracy.
- Assist other departments if required. Training may be required.
- Be a technical expert of Esri’s complete platform.
- Define, demonstrate and deliver solutions which maximize clients GIS investment and ability to address critical business objectives.
- Provide training and guidance on best practices for configuration and utilization of Esri software.
- Participate in training, mentoring and sharing of ideas amongst fellow GIS Analysts.
- Document all necessary data design and schema requirements, functional business requirements, and standardized workflow processes.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Geography or related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working collaborative team development environment
- Expertise in Esri’s ArcGIS software including Desktop, Server and ArcGIS Online
- Travel will be required on an as needed basis and may include overnight stays. Must have a valid driver’s license and have the ability to cover reimbursable travel expenses.
Must be able to provide 3 technical references with contact information that can verify your skills and proficiency. Candidates must be able to show previous professional experience related to the specific skills and qualifications listed above. Must be authorized to work in the United States.
To Apply: Please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No Phone Calls Please
Bruce Harris & AssociatesWhy Work Here?
Remote work opportunities available
Bruce Harris & Associates specializes in providing comprehensive mapping services to local government agencies and the private sector. We employ highly educated, talented employees to keep us on the cutting edge of technology. Our staff of professional technicians and personnel provide a variety of mapping services, including:
ScienceView all jobs at Bruce Harris & Associates