- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
BRUCE & MERRILEES IS:
350+ Team Members Strong | 200+ Annual Projects | 73 Years & Thriving
50+ Safe Work Awards | 7 Offices | 3 Generations | 1 FAMILY BUSINESS
Are you ready to become an integral part of the Bruce & Merrilees family? We have a great opportunity for a full-time Survey Technician. The Survey Technician is responsible for performing duties associated with Survey / Layout functions, Computer Aided Drafting (CAD), project pre-planning, and execution. The Technician provides CAD/Survey information between the Construction Service Specialist and Field Personnel as well as maintaining professional relationships with professionals, designers, owners, and subcontractors. The Technician's conduct must, always, be ethical and professional to ensure maximum total company safety, quality and profitability, as well as attaining maximum customer satisfaction.
- Associate's Degree in Surveying from a 2-year College/Trade School or 3+ years of surveying experience
- Proficient with AutoCAD, Revit, Trimble RTS unit and creating 3D files for construction layout
- Strong working knowledge of survey database, point group management, surface creation tools, layering, and sheet manager
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, and diagram, and or schedule form
- Ability to collaborate and work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to adhere to construction schedules and deadlines
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
Some of the Work You'll Do:
- Performing construction survey layout and as-built surveying on a variety of construction project types.
- Perform CAD work as directed by supervisor.
- Educate Field Personnel on BIM process and support project specific BIM requirements.
- Support project teams with surveying layout and related issues.
- Utilized Ground Penetrating Radar system to locate sub-surface features and map out locations
- Support modeling / CAD requirements with project teams during various project execution stages.
- Support methods to improve quality and reduce labor in the overall construction process.
- Perform design functions with engineering support.
- Verify the accuracy of survey data, including measurements and calculations conducted at survey sites.
- Conduct field surveys for determination of existing conditions and establishing project baseline
- Coordinate with engineering, architectural, and construction disciplines.
- Assist field personnel with drawing interpretation and record drawings.
- Expand ways to employ model-based information in various project phases.
- Assist with project support as needed.
- Reporting to Project Manager and Site Foremen on daily basis.
- Assumes additional tasks assigned by senior management or which are logically inherent to this position
- Have FUN at work with a family-oriented company culture!
- Health, Dental and Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Vision, Long Term Disability and Basic Life & AD&D Insurance 100% Funded by the Company
- 401k with Company Match
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
- Educational Financial Assistance
Bruce & Merrilees is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status. Our hiring process includes drug & alcohol screening, E-verify, driving record, and background check. Bruce & Merrilees is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Bruce & Merrilees
ConstructionView all jobs at Bruce & Merrilees