To prepare finished bakery products from frozen or ready mixed dough; perform icing, filling, and decoration of designated items as assigned; assist baker in completion of pastry and bread items; to courteously assist customers with the selection and purchase of bakery items; stock and maintain merchandise levels.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The essential duties and responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Greet all customers and provide them with prompt and courteous service or assistance.
· Promote a neat and favorable store image to customers by contributing to efforts to keep your
department clean, attractive, well stocked and friendly.
· Thaw, proof, and bake products.
· Perform icing, filling, and decoration of designated item.
· Tray self-service bakery items for display case.
· Order supplies and ingredients when needed.
· Keep display cases and other merchandising areas stocked and properly faced at all times;
display merchandise in an attractive, appealing, neat, colorful manner.
· Rotate daily all merchandise in accordance to department policy and product code dates and
remove all out-of-code merchandise.
· Prepare special order requests as required.
· Handle damaged and spoiled products according to company policy and assist in controlling
the level of damaged goods.
· Perform general housekeeping and sanitation standards in compliance with store policy,
department standards and state and local health regulations on a regular ongoing basis.
· Follow weights and measures guidelines.
· Check equipment daily for proper performance.
· Track movement of sales on production sheets.
· Maintain shrink within acceptable parameters as set by ownership; take a complete and
accurate inventory weekly.
· Perform other duties as directed.
· Observe all store rules and company policies.
· Comply with company grooming and dress codes.
· Observe shift operating hours at all times as scheduled by the manager.
· Adhere to all local, state and federal health and civil code regulations. (i.e. wearing approved
hat or hair net, gloves, etc.)
· Comply with safety policies and procedures.
· Maintain good communications in the department and throughout the organization.
· Observe security standards by staying alert.
· Must be thoroughly familiar and willing to comply with all priorities and store policies
pertaining to the position, including punctual and reliable attendance.
· Must be able to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, percentages, gross margins,
and apply these concepts of basic math in order to verify vendor invoice charges and counts.
· Must be able to accurately complete required reports including the daily sales report, inventory
counts, receiving logs, and cash accountability or cash reconciliation and audit forms.
· Must have the ability to read, write, analyze, interpret, and understand the English language
with sufficient proficiency.
· Must be knowledgeable in the various types of product carried in the department.
· Must be able to perform all duties and responsibilities in an efficient and satisfactory manner
that meets the minimum standards for productivity, accuracy, cleanliness, harmony and safety.
· Must be able to lift heavy objects occasionally.
· Must be able to climb a ladder to retrieve items from overhead racks and storage areas.
· Must be able to sweep and mop floors and lift and carry out trash containers to be emptied
outside the department.
· Must have sufficient physical mobility or agility to be able to respond quickly to fire or other
emergencies such as cleanup requests due to accidental spills or breakage of glass.
· Must be able to stock coolers and shelves and endure working under extreme temperatures in
refrigerated storage areas and near/around heated ovens.
· Must be able to work in an environment containing bakery ingredients including finely
powdered substances such as flour and spices without adverse or negative allergic
consequences that affect performance.