Medical Secretary- TEMP-PERM
Brown Urology Providence, RI
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Functions as a Medical Secretary to Brown Urology with primary accountability to the Practice Manager and the site supervisor. Primarily responsible for coordinating the providers patient schedule by efficiently responding to patient and provider requests for appointments, obtaining authorizations for necessary patient testing and preparation patient medical records.
Performs as a collaborative team member in ensuring excellent customer service for all patients and providers of Brown Urology. Proficient with electronic medical record systems. Expert handling of patient issues with excellent customer service skills and patient confidentiality are mandatory.
- Maintain all facets of designated physician(s) clinical and administrative calendar.
- Answer and screen all telephone calls for designated physician(s), referring calls to appropriate person, taking clear and concise messages and assuring responses to all messages.
- Schedule all office appointments, office procedures, tests, and ensure orderly scheduled patient flow.
- Process all incoming referrals, via various methods (fax, phone, direct message within EMR (Electronic Medical Record)) efficiently.
- Maintain tracking mechanisms to ensure patient results are received in a timely manner and ensure accuracy of all patient demographic information and pertinent data in the record.
- Prepare all patient charts prior to the office visit. Ensure patient record is available if necessary, retrieving from archive and/or other paper or electronic means as applicable, and ensuring all necessary consultation, paperwork and/or test results are available for appointment.
- Obtain all necessary authorizations for office procedures/test and ensuring referrals are in place for office visits/billing to ensure payment of services rendered.
- Perform secretarial/clerical duties including medical transcription and dictation as needed.
- Ensure timely entry of all operative cases into the practice management system.
- Collect all co-payments or obtain financial responsibility documents before the patient’s departure from the medical office.
- Coordinate and completes all insurance, TDI, and workers comp forms.
- Assist with rooming patients when needed, to include obtaining vital signs, reconciling medications, confirming allergies, past medical and social history.
- Responsible for any other duties which may be assigned to facilitate the overall improvement in patient care as may be assigned by the Practice Manager or Site Supervisor.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABI
HealthcareView all jobs at Brown Urology