Terminal Manager - Trucking Division
The Terminal Manager will promote and assure a safe operation of all vehicles and develop a safety-first culture in the terminal. Responsible for coordinating and supervising all traffic functions relating to freight movement, maintaining prescribed service levels while keeping costs at a minimum, supervising all employees in the transportation terminal to ensure departmental and company objectives. This position will develop appropriate transportation policies and programs that meet cost and service objectives, production, customer needs that include sourcing, rate negotiation, bill auditing and traffic routes. The Terminal Manager will identify and analyzes transportation costs, equipment availability, service levels, and institute corrective actions if needed. The Terminal Manager will oversee the business operation to ensure profitability for the company and customer satisfaction.
P&L responsibility for effective performance of a large terminal producing greater than $10 MM and/or $6 MM with three major customers and 50 or more Commercial Vehicle Operators and transportation personnel:
- Possess industry knowledge of transportation, logistics, planning, and analytical process improvements.
- DOT requirements will be executed safely and legally according to Federal, State, and Company regulations.
- Recognize, isolate, and solve problems that improve company’s overall performance.
- Perform additional related duties and assignments as directed by Management.
- Communicate all aspects of a shipment assignment to Commercial Vehicle Operators clearly, concisely, and with professional respect.
- Interact with other Terminal Managers and Operation Management to achieve goals.
Direct and supervise the scheduling of freight shipments to ensure resource utilization and achievement of customer relations goals. Determine the most economical traffic patterns. Interface with operations to resolve any problems associated with scheduling and dispatching. Assist other terminals with day to day functions as needed.
Ensure customers’ service levels are achieved. Manager transportation contracts for customers, evaluate, and negotiate rate proposals.
Manage terminal fleet by using proper equipment, dispatching, performing maintenance, and managing costs.
Direct the operations of the terminal personnel to achieve prescribed objectives. Develop and maintain a productive staff by creating professional development. Apply sound communication and motivational techniques in supervising, coaching and disciplining employees. Supervision of all Terminal personnel to include counseling, hiring, and terminations.
- Maintains driver log, records and qualifications for commercial driving in accordance with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations.
- Payroll process approval
- Responsible for accident reporting (vehicle and work comp)
- Conduct Employee Performance Reviews
- Ensure DOT regulations in a safe and legal aspect (Hours of Service/Hazmat/Federal regulations)
- Work closely with Sales, Administration, Safety, and Human Resources.
- BS degree or five years of industry experience.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Interpersonal and communication skills.
- Knowledge of all Federal HOS, Safety, and Regulatory issues in transportation.
- Command strong analytical talents
- Microsoft Office functions with emphasis on Excel knowledge.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Management skills.
Environment and Physical Requirements:
The majority of the work week will be in office with occasional travel by automobile. Duties to include administrative functions using the phone, computer and communicating with people. This job will require lifting of up to 50 pounds. Must be able to sit a minimum of 8 hours per day, perform keyboard operations a minimum of 6 hours per day, and must be able to stand and climb stairs as required. There will be bending of the waist, wrist and shoulders. Position will be exposed to heavy duty tractor/trailer diesel fumes, dust and noise.
Brown Trucking has been a leader in the transportation industry for 65 years. We offer a competitive wage and benefits package.
Brown Trucking Company is a multi-dimensional transportation company that offers extensive transportation solutions tailored to meet the unique needs of our customers throughout the U.S. We specialize in providing innovative solutions for our customer’s transportation needs.
Brown Trucking CompanyChattanooga, TN
WebsiteView All Brown Trucking Company Jobs
Get fresh Terminal Manager - Trucking Division jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.