Human Resources Specialist
Brown Trucking Company Lithonia, GA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
**** EXCITING OPPORTUNITY for someone looking to grow their HR experience ***
The HR Specialist will provide a safe, secure, legal environment with the proper tools and systems to maximize complete job satisfaction for employees and support company growth and profitability. This position will recruit, interview, hire, and retain quality candidates for open positions within the Company, as well as complete HR tasks relevant to the life cycle of the employee. The HR Specialist will maintain awareness of business needs, objectives, compensation, and general HR trends while ensuring confidentiality and accuracy of personnel files, documents, and manuals.
Responsibilities – Recruiting & Employment:
- Manage recruiting features, inclusive of but not restricted to, internal and external job postings, sourcing resumes, pre-screening applicants, and scheduling interviews
- Conducting interviews and presenting candidates to management
- Managing staffing vendors for temporary and contract workforce
- Responsibility for pre-employment activities: background checks, drug screening, MVRs, credit checks, and other activities
- Coordinating staffing needs and personnel information with site managers
- Implement and maintain electronic application database
- Managing new hire orientation boxes and delivery to sites
- Email announcements of key new hires, promotions, and terminations
- Coordinating weekly newsletter and monthly video media with Marketing department
- Conduct exit interviews and coordinate exit process for departing employees
- Assist with handling and processing of unemployment claims
Responsibilities – Human Resources:
- Conducting new hire and benefits orientation to build foundation for new employees and increase employee engagement
- Providing guidance to managers regarding separation of employees, such as notification to I.T. department, collection of company property, completing and submitting EUR, providing COBRA information and separation notice.
- Scanning, filing and maintenance of personnel files.
- Providing on-site assistance to new locations for purposes of recruiting, pre-employment, onboarding, orientation, vendor management and similar responsibilities.
- Assist managers and supervisors in appropriate and fair human resources practices
- Ensure governmental regulation compliance
- Professional development classes in current HR topics
- Provides excellent customer service internally and externally. Maintains, updates, and explains human resources policies, procedures, laws and standards to new and existing employees.
- HRIS maintenance and data entry – new hires, rehires, position changes, transfers, terminations, report creation and other necessary responsibilities
- Perform additional related duties and assignments as directed by Management
- Bachelor's in Business Administration, Human Resources, or related field preferred
- Three or more years of experience in Human Resources
- PHR or SHRM-CP certification preferred
- Must be able to manage multiple concurrent tasks in a dynamic environment
- Practice the highest level of confidentiality
- Knowledge of Federal and State labor laws
- Strong Customer Service focus and sense of collaboration
- Solid organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Working knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of ADP Workforce Now & report writing preferred
- Ability to conduct Web Conference meetings (i.e. Zoom, Go To Meeting, Google Teams)
- Travel Required: 10% - 20%
Environment and Physical Requirements:
The majority of the work week will be in office. Duties to include administrative functions using the phone, computer and communicating with people. This job will require occasional lifting of up to 30 pounds. Must be able to sit a minimum of 8 hours per day, perform keyboard operations a minimum of 6 hours per day, and must be able to stand and climb stairs as required.
Brown Trucking CompanyWhy Work Here?
Brown Trucking has been a leader in the transportation industry for 65 years. We offer a competitive wage and benefits package.
Brown Trucking Company is a multi-dimensional transportation company that offers extensive transportation solutions tailored to meet the unique needs of our customers throughout the U.S. We specialize in providing innovative solutions for our customer’s transportation needs.
6908 Chapman RdLithonia, GA