- High school diploma or GED.
- Knowledge of medical office procedures and terminology.
- Knowledge of grammar, spelling and punctuation to document patient information and type correspondence.
- Skill in greeting patients and answering telephones with a strong customer service focus.
- Skill in operating a variety of office equipment such as copier, facsimile machine and computer.
- Ability to speak clearly and concisely.
- Ability to read, understand and follow oral and written instructions given in English.
- Ability to sort and file by alphabetic or numeric systems.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with customers (patients, physicians, coworkers, supervisor, etc.).
- Medical Assisting experience would be preferred
- Experience with EMR (preferably E-clinical)
Minimum one-year secretarial experience preferably in a medical setting and one year of Medical Assistant experience.