PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare exam and/or treatment rooms with necessary equipment and supplies for examination of treatment.
- Prepare patient for examination and/or treatment obtaining vital signs such as blood pressure, pulse, temperature and weight.
- Perform testing procedures relative to appropriate training and demands of specialty
- Assist physician in preparing for procedures to specialty
- Under physician supervision draw up and administer injections.
- Maintain and stock examination rooms
- Consistently demonstrate ability to respond to changing situations in a flexible manner in order to meet current needs, such as reprioritizing work as necessary.
- Minimize non-productive time and fill slow periods with activities that will enable you to prepare to meet future needs of the office (organizing, housekeeping, assisting others, etc.).
- Assist with scheduling of tests and treatments as requested.
- Maintain patient files and records including filing of lab and x-ray reports.
- May perform the duties of Medical Secretary dependent upon site.
- Call in prescriptions to pharmacies prescribed by physician and as directed.
- Maintain patient confidentiality at all times.
- Attend required meetings.
- Demonstrate flexibility to perform duties wherever volume deems it necessary within the office.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Graduate of a Medical Assistant Program or demonstrated experience of a minimum of one-year experience gained through prior employment.
- National certification preferred.
- Knowledge of examination, diagnostic and/or treatment procedures as dictated by specialty area.
- Knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions necessary to maintain a safe work environment.
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
- Ability to interpret, adapt and apply guidelines and procedures.
- Ability to communicate appropriately.
- Ability to sort and file materials correctly by alphabetic or numeric systems.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective, professional working relationships with patients, physicians, supervisor and peers.
Prefer a minimum of one-year experience working in a medical setting.
Benefits: Excellent benefits