Licensed Practical Nurse-Per Diem Gastroenterology
- Posted: over a month ago
· Provides patient care under the supervision of a site physician(s).
· Provides leadership by delegating, supervising and participating in safe nursing care activities provided by ancillary personnel.
· Evaluates the effectiveness of patient care and identifies opportunities for improvement.
· Collaborates with the healthcare team, patient, family members and community services regarding the patient care outcome.
· Maintains vaccine records as mandated by the State.
· Performs EKG’s, pulmonary function tests, Holter monitors and other assorted medical testing.
· Access and provide appropriate teaching based on patient and family needs.
· Participates in site-based quality improvement and research activities (if applicable).
· Utilizes all available resources to provide quality, cost-effective patient care.
· Meets and maintains clinical competencies measured by pre-determined credentialing standards, mandatory safety/education and completion of Basic Life Support and ACLS/PALS as appropriate.
· Identifies growth needs and participates in educational opportunities and professional organizations.
· Maintains medical supply inventory.
· May answer phones, greet patients, collect co-pays and schedule appointments.
· Serves as a role model and trains less experienced personnel.
· Demonstrates flexibility to perform duties wherever volume deems it necessary within the office.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
1. Graduate of an accredited nursing school.
2. LPN licensure in the state of Rhode Island or Massachusetts (whichever is applicable).
3. Demonstrates knowledge and skills necessary to provide care to patients throughout the life span, which consideration of the aging process, human development stages and cultural patterns in each step of the care process.
4.One to two years of experience in a physician practice group setting.
HealthcareView all jobs at Brown Medicine
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?