Accounts Payable Specialist
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Position Overview: ***This is not a REMOTE position***
The Accounts Payable Specialist is responsible for all tasks related to paying vendors after authorization is received from the appropriate individual. This includes record keeping and the actual payment to vendors.
• Working with the financial and management staff as appropriate in performing the
appropriate steps to perform the monthly accounting close processes for each Brown division.
• Receive vendors’ invoices daily and follow proper company procedures for processing:
Distribute invoices daily to appropriate individuals for approval
Coding invoices with proper vendor number and general ledger account numbers.
Entering prepared invoices in accounts payable system to be paid.
Assuring vendor payment
• Communicate with vendors when invoices are in question; assist vendors who are seeking
payment and/or need information. Maintain an up-to-date list of vendors, their addresses,
and any relevant performance information.
• Maintain an orderly up-to-date filing system of payables and master vendor file, updating as
required for change of address, change of payment terms, etc.
• Perform additional related duties and assignments as directed by Management
• High School Diploma or minimum of 2 years of relevant experience
• Must be able to manage multiple concurrent tasks in a dynamic environment
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Ability to successfully interface with individuals at all levels, including top management is essential.
• High degree of proficiency in using a computer is required especially MS Excel.
Environment and Physical Requirements:
The majority of the work week will be in office. Duties to include administrative functions using the phone, computer and communicating with people. This job will require occasional lifting of up to 30 pounds. Must be able to sit a minimum of 8 hours per day, perform keyboard operations a minimum of 6 hours per day, and must be able to stand and climb stairs as required.
Brown Integrated LogisticsWhy Work Here?
The Family that Delivers!
Brown Integrated Logistics is committed to utilizing technology in ways that will optimize efficiencies so your dollar goes further. As we grow, we use our economies of scale to improve our profitability so that we continually find ways to lower our customer's costs. We use both company-owned assets and independent contractors, giving us the flexibility to adapt to an ever-changing market, and keeping us ahead of the curve — while maintaining the family-owned excellence that started it all.
6908 Chapman RoadLithonia, GA
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Brown Integrated Logistics