Route Delivery Driver - Class A CDL
Route Delivery Driver
UP TO A $10,000 SIGN ON BONUS BASED ON ELIGIBILITY
JOB SUMMARY / GENERAL DESCRIPTION: In the Route Delivery Driver position, you will be responsible for the accurate and timely distribution of grocery/food items, grocery/food specialty products and convenience store/restaurant supplies to various customer locations. Based out of our Mt. Sterling shuttle point, you will be an essential part of our team that has been servicing customers and delivering fine foods since 1942.
Sign on Bonus Availability:
$10,000 subject to eligibility requirements including but not not limited to:
- Three years or more of Class A CDL driving experience,
- No major reportable accidents or traffic offenses
- Class A CDL Drivers with less than three years of Class A CDL driving experience
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Drive tractor-trailer and perform product deliveries along assigned routes, and other related duties to guarantee customer satisfaction.
- Ensure compliance with Federal and State Laws as they relate to DOT and any other applicable traffic regulations.
- Maintain accuracy of delivered product with no damage due to mishandling.
- Immediately communicate problems to the Transportation Supervisor by phone.
- Inspect tractor-trailer for defects pre/post trip.
- Drive tractor-trailer to destination, apply knowledge of commercial driving regulations and maneuver vehicle on the road and on customer premises.
- Maintain electronic driver log according to DOT regulations.
- Maintain telephone contact with supervisor to receive delivery or pickup instructions.
- Follow transportation policies, food/personal safety regulations, and company policies and procedures for personnel.
- Ensure conformance with company standards for professional appearance, conduct, and training requirements.
- Complete administrative tasks and related paperwork to guarantee the efficiency of transportation operations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must know and adhere to Department of Transportation (DOT) and Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Possess a valid CDL Class A License.
- Ability to stand, walk, sit, climb, reach, bend, squat, and stoop to accomplish the essential job functions.
- Ability to perform repetitive lifting of 50 lbs.
- Have strong communication skills with ability to communicate with management team, drivers, sales, and customers.
- Ability to use new applications/proprietary software.
- Basic math skills required.
- Self-motivated; customer-focused.
- Active listening skills; Independent thinking/decision-making skills.
- Ensure attendance and punctuality within company standards.
- Must be able to drive tractor trailer safely in adverse weather conditions, including darkness, rain, wind, snow, or ice.
- Must be able to use dolly or hand truck in heavy lifting and shifting loads on wet, dry, icy, bumpy, or uneven terrain with frequent curbs and obstructions.
- Must be able to load and unload product routinely at multiple customer sites daily.
BROWN FOODSERVICE, INC BENEFITS
- Brown Foodservice offers competitive pay and benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, pension, STD/LTD and 401(k).
Candidates must pass a background check, drug screen and other job requirements.
For more information regarding this Job Posting or Sign on Bonus eligibility please apply online and one of our dedicated Human Resources Specialist will reach out to you.Share Apply Apply for this position Required * Apply with Indeed First Name* Last Name* Email Address* Phone* Address* Resume We've received your resume. Click here to update it. Attach resume or Paste resume Attach resume as .pdf, .doc, .docx, .odt, .txt, or .rtf (limit 5MB) or Paste resume
Paste your resume here or Attach resume fileCover Letter Who referred you to this position? Enter their first and last name here. Do you have a valid driver's license?* No answerYesNo Do you have a valid Commercial Driver's License?* No answerYesNo What's your citizenship / employment eligibility?* No answerI am a U.S. Citizen/Permanent ResidentNon-citizen allowed to work for any employerNon-citizen allowed to work for current employerNon-citizen seeking work authorizationI am a Canadian Citizen/Permanent ResidentOther What's your highest level of education completed?* No answerGED or EquivalentHigh SchoolSome CollegeCollege - AssociatesCollege - Bachelor of ArtsCollege - Bachelor of Fine ArtsCollege - Bachelor of ScienceCollege - Master of ArtsCollege - Master of ScienceCollege - Master of Fine ArtsCollege - Master of Business AdministrationCollege - DoctorateMedical DoctorOther Are you 18 years of age or older?* No answerYesNo Desired salary* Earliest start date? Have you ever been convicted of a felony?* No answerNoYes If "Yes", you have been convicted of a felony, please explain the circumstances around the conviction:* References: Please enter names and contact information:* Are you currently employed?* -- No answer --YesNo If you are currently employed, why do you want to change jobs? Have you ever worked for Brown Foodservice before?* -- No answer --YesNo If yes, when did you work at Brown Foodservice? (Start date to end date) Have you ever been terminated by an employer?* -- No answer --YesNo If yes, tell when and why: Have you ever received unemployment compensation?* -- No answer --YesNo If yes, please list from what employers and when you received unemployment compensation: What endorsements do you have for your CDL license? (Please check all that apply)* None H - Hazardous Material N - Tank Vehicle P - Passenger S - School Bus T - Double/Triple Trailer X - Combination Hazardous/Tank Vehicle How did you hear about us?* Human Check * Submit Application
Brown FoodserviceMount Sterling, KY
Transportation and Storage
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.