Direct Sales Representative
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Job Description: Direct Sales Representative
In the Direct Sales Representative position, you are responsible for selling food products and supplies at a customer’s place of business or purchasing office which includes maximizing growth within existing accounts and locating, qualifying, and securing new business. You will report directly to your area’s sales manager while being responsible for organizing and supervising your daily activities as the majority of each day is spent alone calling on customers. You will be an essential part of our team that has been servicing customers and delivering fine foods since 1942.
- Call on existing and potential customers to identify customer needs and answer questions related to products, pricing, availability, product uses, and possible training
- Drive personal vehicle to customer locations, conventions, company meetings, etc.
- Ability to plan and organize schedule to be able to call on and seek potential leads
- Communicate with customers and transportation department to schedule delivery times
- Manage customer accounts receivable by working with customers and the Credit Department to establish customer credit terms and collect payments
- Attend and participate in sales trainings, meetings, company functions, and customer events
- Assist with new employee training as needed
- Ability to review and analyze sales reports to determine areas that need attention in order achieve sales and company goals
- Perform regular administrative duties such as processing customer credits and pick-up requests and filing reports
- Work with our team to develop menus, enhance customer’s social media presence, and utilize other value-added services offered by the company
- Additional responsibilities as assigned
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent (Business, Culinary Arts, or Hospitality degree preferred)
- 3 years Foodservice management or sales experience (minimum 1 year outside foodservice sales or chef experience strongly preferred)
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Possess effective time management skills
- Be a self-starter
- Must have a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record – No DUI’s or similar violations
- Must possess reliable transportation with current automobile insurance with the following limits of liability: $300,000 bodily injury and $100,000 property damage
- Must have basic pc skills and be familiar with common business applications (MS Office including Outlook and Word)
- Ability to use digital tools and applications to conduct job responsibilities, including a smart phone and/or other devices
- Ability to use new applications/proprietary software
- Possess organizational and negotiating skills
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts as they pertain to sales, commissions, discounts and volume
- Ability to stand, walk, sit, drive for long periods of time, reach, bend, squat, and stoop to accomplish the essential job functions.
- Ability to perform non-repetitive lifting of up to 25 lbs
- Ability to read, write, and speak English
Brown Foodservice, Inc. Benefits:
- Brown offers competitive pay and benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, pension, STD/LTD and 401(k)
Candidates must pass a background check, drug screen and other job requirements.
Powered by JazzHR
BusinessView all jobs at Brown Foodservice