Computer Operator Technician 1
- Posted: over a month ago
Sets up, coordinates, and monitors the operation of computer equipment, storage and other systems, and/or network operations. Computer operations typically consist of a twenty-four-hour per day, seven days a week, 365 days a year schedule. Manages controls in accordance with standard procedures, runs diagnostic tests to detect machine malfunctions, and monitors control panels, mass-storage units, and other peripheral equipment. Reports any observed deviations from the standard performance to designated on-call personnel. In a network environment, functions as a help desk for user connectivity problems.
Within the high-performance computing organization, performs primary system administration operations and tasks on systems to address routine software issues. Perform hardware support which includes troubleshoots, diagnoses, and performs preventive maintenance tasks on equipment in a multi-system environment in secure and open networks.
Entry level for those having some relevant experience, training, or education. Limited use and/or application of technical principles, theories, and concepts. Tasks performed are relatively simple, but may require the application of basic skills related to the technical specialty. Develop solutions to routine technical problems of limited scope. Employees in jobs at this level have minimal responsibility for end products. Directions given are specific and detailed, and work is closely supervised.
Requires a high school diploma or equivalent and usually at least 1 year of experience.
Entry level for those having some relevant experience, training, or education.
Additional Job Requirements
- Excellent customer service
- Proven experience with process improvement and implementing innovative solutions
- Demonstrated experience of Windows, Mac, and/or Linux desktop administration
- Experience solving software and hardware issues
- Experience using a call tracking system including using it to resolve IT issues
- Extensive experience interacting with customers and peers in a professional and responsive manner
- Creating and updating documentation
- Exceptional work ethic and time management skills
- Ability to understand and adhere to all Laboratory policies, procedures, and standards
Brown Federal Services
AddressLos Alamos, NM
TechnologyView all jobs at Brown Federal Services