Senior Test Automation Engineer (for Investment Management Systems)
At Brown Brothers Harriman, we believe no job is too big or small for any of us to handle if it helps our clients. We value passionate, committed people who enjoy collaborating with others to find new solutions to complex business challenges. We are looking for the type of person who speaks their mind, truly listens and steps outside their role to add value wherever they can. Someone who is driven to get things done and views obstacles as an exciting challenge that demands a creative solution. Above all, we seek someone who takes great pride in their work and is inspired and motivated by their role in protecting and enhancing our client's financial well-being.
If you are looking for an entrepreneurial environment where you can learn and thrive, Brown Brothers Harriman is the right place for you
Join us as a Senior Test Automation Engineer!
Investment Management Systems is responsible for building and maintaining front office operational, reporting and data management solutions for the BBH Investment Management business line and its clients.
As a Senior Test Automation Engineer, long-term you will be responsible for driving test automation on our data warehouses and ETL process.Your knowledge of database testing and specifically DB Fit, Open Source frameworks, enterprise testing solutions will be crucial for your success in the organization. To be successful, you'll need to have existing experience in both test automation (majority) and manual software testing (limited).
If you are looking to push your career to the next level, introduce yourself by submitting your resume.
Some of your key responsibilities include:
- This position requires an individual who is methodical, driven, quality oriented and data savvy.
- The Test Automation specialist will be part of a small but high producing software quality assurance team that supports ETL testing in BBH.
- You will have unique opportunity to create new approach for testing in this technology area.
- In this role you will be working close to development team and have opportunity to create positive perception of test professional and integrate with development specialists.
- 5+ years of experience in test Automation and manual testing of Data Warehouse and ETL flows.
- Good English both written and verbal.
- Experience of the following: DB Fit, Open Source frameworks, Jira collaboration tool, qTest Manager (nice to have).
- Understanding the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Agile Methodology.
- Experience in using and expanding components to test data warehouse solutions.
- Experience in Functional testing, System tests, Regression testing, Stress testing, Failover.
- Experience with SQL
- Experience with Oracle database
- Experience with SQL Developer or PL/SQL Developer
- Experience with Linux (or other Unix based system)
- Experience with Git
- Experience with Jenkins or similar
- Experience with Oracle Data Integrator (ODI) or any other ETL tool (nice to have)
What We Offer:
- A collaborative environment that enables you to step outside your role to add value wherever you can
- Direct access to clients, information and experts across all business areas around the world
- Opportunities to grow your expertise, take on new challenges, and reinvent yourself-without leaving the firm
- A culture of inclusion that values each employee's unique perspective
- High-quality benefits program emphasizing good health, financial security, and peace of mind
- Rewarding work with the flexibility to enjoy personal and family experiences at every career stage
- Volunteer opportunities to give back to your community and help transform the lives of others
Full timeNew York