Operational Business Analyst
At Brown Brothers Harriman, we believe no job is too big or small for any of us to handle if it helps our clients. We value passionate, committed people who enjoy collaborating with others to find new solutions to complex business challenges. We are looking for the type of person who speaks their mind, truly listens and steps outside their role to add value wherever they can. Someone who is driven to get things done and views obstacles as an exciting challenge that demands a creative solution. Above all, we seek someone who takes great pride in their work and is inspired and motivated by their role in protecting and enhancing our client's financial well-being.
If you are looking for an entrepreneurial environment where you can learn and thrive, Brown Brothers Harriman is the right place for you
Join us as a (insert position name)
Brown Brothers Harriman is currently recruiting Operational Business Analyst to join our Private Banking Team. In this role you will reporting directly to the Sr. Operational Strategy Analyst - Business Transformation will work closely with Support Pillar teams to identify & prioritize initiatives for process improvement and manage projects that develop from those initiatives. This will include creating project proposals for management's review, developing project plans by identifying tasks for the various constituents' execution, and timelines to reasonably set expectations for completion. This person must be able to consume information effectively and develop subject matter expertise quickly to understand issues and road blocks that may impact timelines, effectively communicate with subject matter experts and vendors involved in accomplishing project tasks, and determine when to escalate to management when projects are at risk from being implemented on time and within budget. This position requires close coordination with multiple internal areas of Private Banking, primarily but not limited to PB Risk Management, Service Delivery Systems and Administration in order to help determine viable solutions and help make recommendations on strategic operational decisions. The position will work closely with business and technology analysts and will collaborate with managers to help delegate and prioritize workloads across these groups to ensure successful implementations.
Some of your key responsibilities include:
- Review existing processes to identify problems, compare solutions, and review vendors to propose operational approaches that achieve the goals of the organization
- Create frameworks for analyzing the operations and administration functions and analysis of business opportunities associated with them
- Present complex information and analyses clearly and concisely, both verbally and through presentations
- Partner with others on special projects, as appropriate, to drive the overall operational strategy implementation for Private Banking
- Lead impact projects for the business, as requested, developing project plans that include detailed task lists, timelines, and status
- Work with groups and functions to help develop execution plans for key initiatives
- Conduct ongoing analyses in support of large-scale projects
- Develop data analysis to identify root causes, create and validate hypotheses, determine strategic and predictive impact of solutions and quantify project benefits.
- Develop processes that are results-oriented and continuously focused on process improvement. This includes helping develop and achieve leap goals, challenging all processes, procedures and practices, and focusing on solutions (not "good reasons").
- Minimum 3 years' experience within a project management/ business analyst capacity
- Ability to analyze complex issues and make sound business decisions
- Demonstrated ability to exercise independent judgment
- Strong financial acumen and strategic decision-making ability
- Strong knowledge of Private Banking
- Excellent project management & organization skills
- Demonstrated ability to collect, organize and gain insight from internal or external business data
- Ability to effectively interact with all levels of management
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office products, particularly PowerPoint, and Excel
- Knowledge of Sungard AddVantage, CRM, First Rate, Hyperion, KYCC is a plus
What We Offer:
- A collaborative environment that enables you to step outside your role to add value wherever you can
- Direct access to clients, information and experts across all business areas around the world
- Opportunities to grow your expertise, take on new challenges, and reinvent yourself-without leaving the firm
- A culture of inclusion that values each employee's unique perspective
- High-quality benefits program emphasizing good health, financial security, and peace of mind
- Rewarding work with the flexibility to enjoy personal and family experiences at every career stage
- Volunteer opportunities to give back to your community and help transform the lives of others
#LIPOSTWe are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other protected status under federal, state or local law.
Full timeNew York