Assistant Manager (Fast Casual)
- Expired: February 04, 2023. Applications are no longer accepted.
Hey there, thanks for stopping in! So, did this opportunity CATCH your eye? We thought it might. Our goal was to HOOK you in and now that we've got your attention., check out all the info below on the team member position we are looking to fill.
But before you read on, view this message from one of our General Managers- it will give you a little TASTE of what it's like at Brown Bag!
Brown Bag Seafood Co. is a premium fast casual seafood restaurant serving fresh, sustainable, and affordable seafood at our 14 location in IL, GA and NC.
We are looking for an Assistant General Manager in NAPERVILLE, IL at our fast-growing, young and fun company. Particular focus areas include store growth, mentorship of new talent and development of regular guests. The position requires a flexible and open-minded manager with strong leadership skills and a high degree of comfort in both the front of house and the kitchen.
About the Job:
Assistant Manager responsibilities include ensuring the restaurant is delivering top quality food and guest engagement. You will run an efficient restaurant operation, as well as maintain high production, productivity, quality, and guest-service standards.
Additional responsibilities include:
- The ability to jump into any FOH or BOH role easily
- The ability to successfully run a shift alone in the absence of the GM
- Coordinating daily Front of the House and Back of the House restaurant operations
- Delivering superior service and maximizing customer satisfaction
- Responding efficiently and accurately to customer complaints
- Regularly reviewing product quality
- Organizing and supervising shifts
- Appraising staff performance and providing feedback to improve productivity
- Estimating future needs for goods, kitchen utensils and cleaning products
- Ensuring compliance with sanitation and safety regulations
- Managing restaurant's good image and suggesting ways to improve it
- Controlling operational costs and identifying measures to cut waste
- Training new and current employees on proper customer service practices
- Implementing policies and protocols that will maintain future restaurant operations
To be successful in this role, you'll need management skills and experience in both front and back of the house. We want you to know how to oversee the dining room and check-in with customers while balancing online orders. Back of the house management experience is essential, as you will set work schedules, oversee food prep and make sure we comply with health and safety restaurant regulations in collaboration with the General Manager.
We'll expect you to lead by example and uplift our staff during busy moments in our team-focused environment. Ultimately, you will ensure your restaurant runs smoothly and customers have excellent experiences that contribute to the neighborhood and the brand.
To balance all of the moving parts, you will need to be highly organized, hard-working and a team player. Candidates with limited experience but a willingness to work hard, learn on the job and grow personally and professionally are welcome and encouraged to apply.
Perks, Benefits & Opportunities
- Competitive annual salary
- Attractive performance-based bonus
- Access to high-quality employer-sponsored health and dental insurance
- Paid time off
- Ongoing focus on training, development, and mentorship
- Restaurant shift meals
- A fun, young and collaborative culture at a rapidly growing company
Awards & Recognition
Brown Bag Seafood is honored to have earned acclaims such as:
- Starchefs' "Concept of the Year"
- Fast Casual's "Top 100 Movers & Shakers"
- QSR Magazine's "40 Under 40 in Fast Casual"
- Food Networks Chopped Champion - Donna Lee
Thanks for checking us out! If you like what you see, we look forward to seeing your application come through. If you want to see more, here is our website: https://www.brownbagseafood.com or stop in and have a meal with us!
Brown Bag Seafood Co
Get fresh Casual Work Environment jobs daily straight to your inbox!