*Please note-we are only considering candidates with a strong healthcare Data Analyst background. If you do not have deep experience in healthcare, we encourage you to explore our other openings, but not this one.
- Full-time (monday-friday)
- Permanent position
- On-site only (remote employment isnot an option)
- Practically free medical benefits
- 5 weeks of paid time off
- 401k w/ high employer match
While we've been an Elite Medical Group for 12 years in a row now, we're in the midst of redefining ourselves and are looking to build an innovative and forward thinking team who can bring fresh perspective to the table!
- Data sources and tools:
- Understands and is able to use at least some oftypes of company data (Health care, claims, patient, eligibility, BAR, etc.).
- Knowledge of Company’s data sources (e.g. DW, Datamart, Cognos 10 data packages and cubes) and tools (e.g. Cognos 10 Report Studio, Microsoft Access). Chooses the most appropriate form ofreport delivery; assuring best quality, transparency of process and maximizes reusability as possible;
- Works with IT and with other analysts to request or propose changes or improvements, in data warehouse and Cognos packages that facilitate the production of data, analysis or reports.
- Project design and presentation: Work with customers and with other team member(s) to:
- determine desired goal(s) and data needs of new projects; operational reports; and ad-hoc requests. Helps clients clarify their needs and the business need of the report or other deliverable;
- use knowledge of data and systems and toproactively contribute to report design process;
- use available tools to summarize data and present final analysis (e.g. written summaries, charts), and
- document the report process and logic in a manner consistent with the scope of the project.
- Might be assigned to work under leadership from other Decision Support analysts, depending on the project.
- Validate and analyze both internally and externally generated data;
- Perform data analysis on specific reports of data sets, find trends, communicates findings with requestors.
- Use preliminary analyses to revise report methodologies when necessary, as well as analyzing end results.
- Uses primary data sources (e.g. IDX) for data validation and might use and analysis tools (e.g. Cognos, Excel, SPSS) to deliver statistical results, pivot tables, trends, etc.
- Provide high-level reviews of other analyst’s final reports.
- Works closely with other data analysts to assure common practices, validation and documentation are followed.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conduct regular meetings with assigned clients to discuss analytic and data needs, plan upcoming reporting cycle, and solicit feedback on completed projects (E)
- Design and complete reports and data analysis projects including defining data needs and appropriate methodologies and report formats (E)
- Perform quantitative analysis, evaluate results, and report on findings individually or as part of an integrated team (E)
- Provide written and graphical reports with accompanying documentation on findings (E)
- Document all reports, analyses, and program responsibilities (E)
- Produce and maintain valid and reliable standardized reports to support customer’s efforts to manage patient care activities (E)
- Perform QA of work performed by self and others, including validating accuracy of underlying data by verifying with primary source (e.g., IDX, Cactus), and double-checking methodology of colleagues’ analyses(E)
- Identify and pursue opportunities to automate regular reporting, including transitioning reports to new BI toolsas well as proposing and helping design, and suggesting improvements to existing solutions (D)
- Works with other analysts to assure that solutions are not isolated but to leverage as possible from other initiatives. Actively participates in team solution discussions to improve processes and standardize solutions (E)
- Assist in tool and data training and education of otheranalysts (D)
- Serve as back-up to other Analysts, taking on overflow projects and attending meetings when necessary and feasible (E)
- Perform other duties as assigned (E)
EDUCATION AND/OR TRAINING:
Bachelor's degree in a work-related field/discipline from an accredited college or university or equivalent is desired.Course work in systems analysis, computer science, SQL, statistics, databases or other related areas preferred.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong quantitative and analytic skills; attention to detail.
- Proficiency in spreadsheet, database, and Business Intelligence or Analytics tool Business analytical skills to understand verbalize and document the business objectives of his/her customer and to develop the reporting and analytical solutions to the business issues.
- Well developed written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of the team.
- One year of directly related work experience including previous experience creating variety of reports using a Business Intelligence or Analytics tool , access or excel; performing quantitative analysis, health care statistical or financial analysis.
- Experience using relational databases, data warehouse and datamarts to create reporting solutions. Basic SQL skills, able to read and interpret sequel statements.
- Experience using relational databases, to create reports solutions.
- Understanding of database schemas in especial dimensional systems. Able to work with database developers and architects to improve data sources.
- Health data knowledge or interest preferred.
- Prefer experience working with other business groups; document requirements, performing data validation or creating technical documentation