While we've been an Elite Medical Group for 12 years in a row now, we're in the midst of redefining themselves and are looking to build an innovative and forward thinking team who can bring fresh perspective to the table!
*Please note- we are only considering candidates with a strong healthcare programmer background. If you do not have deep experience in both of these domains, we encourage you to explore our other openings, but not this one.
- Full-time (monday-friday)
- Permanent position
- On-site only (remote employment is not an option)
- Practically free medical benefits
- 5 weeks of paid time off
- 401k w/ high employer match
- Provide meaningful and useful dashboards to B&T executives, departmental leaders and providers to drive operational efficiency in the area of Revenue cycle and Clinical data.
- Evaluate and enhance applications involved in supporting Revenue Cycle and Clinical operations for HMO and PPO lines of business.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
As a member of Brown & Toland Data Integration and Operations team, your job will involve:
- Researching, designing, implementing and troubleshooting SQL reports and dashboards for our customers
- Writing SQL programs to interface with GE Centricity Data Repository (SQL) and Allscripts Touchworks
- Support applications using a proprietary ETL API known as HCO (Healthcare Objects) for GE Centricity Business
- Providing daily support to Brown & Toland business departments who support GE Centricity Business customers with Claims and Revenue Cycle operations
- Providing direct technical support to our customers and analyzing their reporting needs
- Working with application counterparts to translate GE Centricity Business data structures into SQL and collaborating with Application Development team to modify and enhance existing applications
- Performing in a team environment and mentoring others
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent coursework in a computer programming related field (Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering) and/or applicable military experience
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of Microsoft SQL Server experience with SQL 2000-2012
- Understanding of healthcare data interchange standards – EDI, HL7
- Experience working with large volume data processing and data analysis
- Exceptional written and communication skills
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Proficiency in T-SQL (Transact SQL), ASP, PHP, C/C++ or an equivalent programming language
- Ability to adhere to a consistent coding style and document coding procedures
- Understanding the relationship between SQL queries/reports and integrity, performance, and locking
- Ability to write both static and dynamic T-SQL
- Excellent practical knowledge of T-SQL statements and constructs: queries, stored procedures, functions, triggers, views, cursors, and loops
- Ability to write efficient T-SQL queries and reports to troubleshoot and tune performance of existing reports using performance and analysis tools (Executions Plan, Profiler, Tuning Advisor)
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team