Brown & Brown is looking for a dynamic finance professional to fill the Assistant Accounting Manager position within our Dedham, MA location.
This role is structured to train and develop a talented teammate to grow into an Accounting and Operations Leader in one of our many offices throughout the Northeastern United States. This role requires travel, will be based in Dedham, MA or 1-3 years, and then this individual will be required to relocate.
The Accounting and Operations Leader will serve on the management team, and lead a team of up to 6 employees in our Accounting, IT and Administrative departments. A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance is required, and leadership experience is preferred. Excellent communication skills are a requirement of the position. The Accounting and Operations Leader will be responsible for all aspects of the offices Accounting and HR Functions. Additionally, the Accounting and Operations Leader will serve as a liaison to our third party IT team to ensure the offices needs are being met.
General Duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Compile and analyze financial information to prepare entries to accounts, such as the general ledger accounts, documenting business transactions.
- Review, reconciliation and resolution in regard to accounts payable, accounts receivable and payroll.
- Analyze financial information detailing income, expenses, earnings, assets, liabilities and capital, and prepare balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports to summarize current and projected company financial position based on past, present and expected operations.
- Report branch financials to the corporate office.
- Audit contracts, orders and vouchers, and prepare reports to substantiate individual transactions.
- Establish, modify, document and coordinate implementation of accounting and accounting control procedures.
- Must be self-driven and strive for excellence
- Accounting Degree Required (Bachelors or Masters)
- 1-3 years of accounting or similar professional experience preferred
- MUST BE WILLING TO RELOCATE THROUGHOUT THE NORTHEASTERN UNITED STATES.
- Leadership experience preferred
- Advanced written & verbal communication skills
- Computer skills must include Intermediate to Advanced Excel, as well as Intermediate Word and Outlook
- Excellent Leadership Skills
- Multi-tasking, self-motivated individual with high energy
- Must possess a strong sense of urgency, demonstrate a willingness to hold themselves and others accountable and be committed to achieving success
- Highly organized and proactive
- Ability to present information in a clear and concise manor, both written and verbal