Brown & Brown ‘s affiliate Public Risk Insurance Agency (PRIA) is growing and seeking an exceptional individual with proven discipline, and commitment to join our team as a Public Risk Specialist. Our clients include city, county, and state public entities such as municipalities, school boards, etc. The Public Risk Specialist ( Account Manager) is responsible for retention and client relationship management. The Public Risk Specialist works in tandem with the Sales Producer (Sales Agent) to develop account strategy and increase longevity and profitability for the company; utilizes company resources to collectively deliver solutions to clients, and is responsible for all aspects of managing and maintaining their client accounts. Essential Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Key responsibilities will include the following:
- Ensure overall client satisfaction by proactively managing the day to day needs
- Review and manage new and renewal policies. Issue binders, invoices and review policies for accuracy
- Handle endorsement requests, claim reporting and certificates issuance
- Manage renewal activities to make sure each step of the process stays on track and assist producer with proposals and marketing
- Understand various commercial coverage forms and contract terms and keep current on company underwriting/procedure changes
- Manage account files per procedures
- Build and maintain productive relationships with each account contact
- Planning/organizing— the individual prioritizes and plans work activities and uses time efficiently
- Interpersonal skills— the individual maintains confidentiality, remains open to others’ ideas and exhibits willingness to try new things
- Oral communication— the individual speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations and demonstrates group presentation skills
- Written communication— the individual edits work for spelling and grammar, presents numerical data effectively and is able to read and interpret written information
- Problem solving— the individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner, gathers and analyzes information skillfully and maintains confidentiality
- Quality control— the individual demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure quality
- Adaptability— the individual adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events
- All other duties assigned
- A State of Florida 2-20 License is highly preferred
- A State of Florida 4-40 License is required at minimum, and new hire must obtain 2-20 within 90 days of hire.
- 3-5 years’ experience working on commercial accounts preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Substantial experience and proficiency in Word, Outlook and Excel
- Must work independently, be receptive to change, possess organizational skills to manage numerous, varied, detailed tasks and handle pressure effectively
- Must show attention to detail and be able to follow strict quality control guidelines
- Must possess the ability to work well under stressful and very time sensitive deadlines. Must be able to work extended hours during peak periods.
- Knowledge of AMS360 software a plus.
- Advanced designations (CIC, CRM, CPCU, AAI, ARM) a plus.
To APPLY for this position, scroll to the top of this posting and click on APPLY HERE. If you have any technical difficulties please email [email protected] #ZRMC