Brown & Brown Northwest currently has an exciting career opportunity for a Senior Client Account Manager to join our Surety Department in our Portland, Oregon office.
Our Senior Client Account Manager’s help clients secure the required Surety coverage to meet their needs. They act as a coach and mentor for the team while working with the Director of Surety on advanced tasks such as underwriting negotiations. Senior Client Account Manager’s must meet daily and hourly deadlines, combined with a need for a high degree of accuracy and maintain composure and focus under pressure to solve and handle account issues independently.
- Assist the Director of Surety with facilitating workflow and managing projects
- Answer client and carrier questions with day-to-day email, phone, fax and mail requests in areas of policies, endorsements, audits, and accounting/billing, coordination of claims/loss control services
- Collect and compile information from client to prepare submission to Surety Company
- Prepare final submission of completed bonds to Surety Companies
- Verify bond renewals and issue invoices
- Update and maintain Surety files to ensure ongoing underwriting compliance
- Review for accuracy all policies, changes/endorsements, audits and other documents
- Prepare all necessary applications and data for a complete submission to underwriters
- Maintain high retention on exiting accounts
- Increase revenue by crossing selling and writing new business
- Attend training sessions, courses, etc. to maintain up-to-date skills and licensing requirements
- Conduct an appropriate level of confidentiality of information processed
- Duties are done independently or in a team environment
- Other duties or special projects may be assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree (BA/BS) or equivalent with one (1) year experience in the field of Surety insurance or high school graduate with a minimum of three (3) years of related experience, other combination of work and/or education will be considered
- Must have, and maintain, current Property and Casualty License.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of property and casualty coverage, current legislation, rules, laws, and other regulations.
- Familiarity with contracts and their provisions.
- Fluent with Microsoft Windows, Office 365, Word, and Excel
- AMS360 experience or skills to learn software program at an accelerated ability
- Exceptional telephone demeanor
- Must have excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality
Please apply using the "Apply Now" button above. For technical difficulties with applying please email [email protected] #ZRHR