Brown & Brown is a unique and decentralized publicly traded organization (NYSE: BRO) that has grown to become the sixth largest insurance intermediary in the country. We sell property & casualty insurance and employee benefits insurance to mid-sized and large corporations throughout the country. Our size provides us with access to the best products in the marketplace, while still maintaining a very local community feel. Through growing and developing relationships with carrier partners and expert resources, Brown & Brown stands out as a leader in the industry. As our business grows, our people grow with it!
Becoming an employee, or as we like to call it “a teammate,” of Brown & Brown introduces you to a career with virtually unlimited possibilities. Our unique corporate culture rewards self-starters and hard workers who adhere to our commitment to do what is best for our clients. With Brown & Brown you will get the training, the mentoring and the tools you need to succeed. Our teammates are bound together by shared goals and our collective commitment to integrity and quality. Brown & Brown’s local leaders are actively engaged in their communities and committed to maintaining an established network, as well as creating strong relationships of their own.
Currently, Brown & Brown of Austin is seeking a talented Account Manager to join our Commercial Lines Department. This individual will be responsible for providing support to Producers and Account Executives in obtaining, maintaining, expanding and servicing accounts. We will further rely on you to address all client service requests, negotiate renewal terms with the incumbent insurance carrier(s) and assist the Commercial Service Manager and/or Quality Control Liaison in the training of team members.
- Monitor/oversee expiration and binder log to ensure renewal of all coverage in a timely manner
- Review Renewal Update documents prepared by Account Associate prior to release to Producer
- Coordinate the receipt of the updated Executive Summaries
- Prepare and submit renewal information to incumbent insurance carrier(s) if account is not being marketed by the Marketing Dept.
- Review quotes and proposals received
- Request from insurance carrier(s) that renewal coverage be bound
- Oversee the Account Associate performing the renewal procedures upon binding of coverage; assist as necessary to ensure completion in a timely manner
- Check policies; transmit to client; update agency management system
- Maintain current Activity log; follow up on open activities and/or oversee Account Associate follow up on open activities
- Receive all incoming calls and is the main point of contact for the client in addition to the Producer/Account Executive
- Assist clients with coverage questions, exposure identification and solutions, billing or carrier service issues
- Account Receivable maintenance, collection and resolution
- Set up Master Certificates
- Prepare/Issue non-standard Certificates of Insurance
- Prepare/Issue Schedules of Insurance
- Review all incoming mail; assign to Account Associate as appropriate
- Complete all QC incident reports, as necessary
- Ensure that Applied is properly documented and is fully utilized
- Confirm that all exposure checklists, fee agreements, disclosures, subjectivities and necessary client sign-offs are obtained or resolved and made part of the current file
- Assist the Commercial Service Manager in the development/maintenance of department procedures/processes
- Keep abreast of industry changes and trends
- Participates in seminars and classes for knowledge and skill development
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Current Texas Property & Casualty license
- At least 3 years prior commercial insurance experience
Raegan Osborn, [email protected] #LI-RO1 #ZRRO