Brown & Brown Inc. is looking for a Software Engineer to join our growing team. The software engineer will engage in complex business analysis and software engineering. They will participate in the design, coding, testing, debugging, and deployment of new and existing applications. They will resolve customer complaints and respond to suggestions for improvements and enhancements. Candidates should be able to work well with co-located and distributed team members, including vendor resources.
- Demonstrate a high degree of creativity and problem-solving skill
- Design, develop, test, debug, and deploy software applications using the Microsoft stack: Visual Studio 2019, Azure DevOps, SQL Server, Azure Cloud, etc.
- Refactor legacy code into Cloud computing architectures
- Work with business analysts and application users to design robust user-friendly solutions
- Work with QA to align understanding of requirements
- Work as part of an Agile development team; participating in daily standups, code reviews, backlog refinement and other Scrum activities
- Follow secure coding guidelines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or, in-lieu of degree, equivalent education, training and work-related experience
- 5+ years of experience in all phases of software development including design, coding, testing, debugging, and source code management
- Awareness and some hands-on experience applying design and architectural patterns
- Comfortable accepting criticism in the context of a Pull Request. Enjoy discussing code quality. Not afraid to offer critiques of other team members’ code.
- Enjoy learning new technologies and enhancing existing skills
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming and SOLID design principles
- Proficient in dealing with relational databases: SQL, normalization, indexes, stored procedures, triggers, etc.
- Proficient in C# and .NET
- Understand the difference between a callback and a Promise.
- Can explain the benefits and drawbacks of using Bootstrap.
- Experience integrating with SOAP and/or Restful Web Services (WCF, Web API)
- Hands-on experience using Git to perform basic source code control operations: pull/push, staging, commits, pull requests, cherry-picking, rebasing, etc.
- Experience in the insurance industry and/ or basic knowledge of insurance or financial services.
- Experience with Azure DevOps: building and maintaining CI/CD Pipelines, blue/green deployments, creating NuGet packages, etc.
- Understanding of advanced data modeling concepts
- Experience with Azure SQL, App Services, API Management, PowerBI, Data Factory, Container technologies (Docker) or any other Microsoft Azure resources
Ashlie Bleidt - [email protected] #LI-AP1 #ZRAP
Brown & Brown Inc.