Brown & Brown of Florida, Inc’s Central Coast Melbourne office is growing and seeking an exceptional individual with proven discipline, and commitment to join our team as Accounting Leader. The accounting leader is responsible for maintaining the day-to-day financial activities of the Profit Center and being the business partner to the PCL.
Essential Duties and Functions include the following:
- Complete all branch daily accounting functions including cash receipts, cash disbursements, journal entries and vendor/insurance company payables.
- Prepare branch financials and learn all corporate guidelines including the Brown and Brown Accounting Guidelines.
- Be responsible for the budget which includes, working with PCL and department managers to create the budget and make adjustments to the Latest Estimates throughout the year.
- Monitor the accounts receivable process which includes: notifying department managers and producers of potential bad debts, write off all accounts over 119 days to bad debt, follow up with personnel to collect any write offs, monitor any credit balances over 90 days and work with the account manager to clear them from the subsidiary ledger.
- Learn and perform the surplus lines process of filing taxes with the state, paying taxes to the state, and notifying account managers of any items not filed.
- Learn the invoice and check approval process.
- Perform all month-end procedures including month end journal entries, the month end workbook, cost allocations from the administration and suspense departments to the B-40 departments, and running all month end reports including financial statements and subsidiary ledgers that agree to the general ledger control accounts.
- Prepare and distribute internal departmental performance reports. Assist in preparing reports to respond to Corporate Accounting and DFO ad hoc report requests.
- Complete all (SOX Control Self-Assessments). This includes AR/ICP, Payroll/Flux, SAB 101, Data Retention, Segregation of Duties, and the Bank Reconciliation CSAs.
- Train in and perform payroll and human resources functions.
- Become familiar with how to calculate and how the system calculates producer commissions payable and how to review the report detail to catch calculation errors and ensure accurate payments are made to the producers.
- Work with the DFO on special projects that may be assigned from time to time.
- All Other Duties As Assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting
- 3+ years in an accounting and finance position, Big4 experience highly preferred
- MBA/MACC/CPA Preferred
- Technical accounting skills including Excel skills, knowledge of GAAP, and accounting policies and procedures.
- Planning/organizing—the individual prioritizes and plans work activities and uses time efficiently.
- Interpersonal skills—the individual maintains confidentiality, remains open to others’ ideas and exhibits willingness to try new things.
- Oral communication—the individual speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations and demonstrates group presentation skills.
- Written communication—the individual edits work for spelling and grammar, presents numerical data effectively and is able to read and interpret written information.
- Problem solving—the individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner, gathers and analyzes information skillfully and maintains confidentiality.
- Quality control—the individual demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors his or her own work to ensure quality.
- Adaptability—the individual adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Safety and security—the individual observes safety and security procedures and uses equipment and materials properly.
To APPLY for this position, scroll to the top of this posting and click on APPLY HERE. If you have any technical difficulties please email [email protected] #ZRCM