Safety Officer Supervisor
Broward Partnership for the Homeless Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Safety Officer Supervisor provides direct security services in addition to providing direct supervision and leadership to the team. Tasks include monitoring the entrance to the Homeless Assistance Center (HAC) while assisting in meeting the needs of clients, guests and staff. Observes for, and prompts compliance with, facility protocols, policies and procedures. Maintains and monitors visitor logs, providing reports as requested. The Safety Officer Supervisor coordinates Safety Officers’ activities and shift coverage and acts as main liaison between the Safety and Residential Departments. The Safety Officer Supervisor understands that Broward County operates a Housing First model and that all clients’ experience with homelessness should be rare, brief, and non-recurring.
II. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITES:
1. Provides general supervision and oversight of entrance of the HAC, including the parking areas, and ensures safety and security is maintained at all times.
2. Greets all clients, staff, and visitors as they approach the security desk, in order to maintain a hospitable, friendly, and safe front entrance.
3. Manages developing situations utilizing de-escalation and conflict resolution skills. Alerts appropriate staff, and interfaces with first responders (police, paramedics, fire).
4. Enforces safety protocols with clients and encourages clients to maintain compliance with program expectations; takes appropriate action when necessary.
5. Builds rapport with clients and encourages clients to engage in positive interactions and activities that foster movement towards the clients’ housing plans.
6. Monitors the entrance and exit of clients, employees, and guests from the HAC consistent with established protocol, polices, and procedures.
7. Inspects clients’ personal items and ensures that prohibited items are not brought onto the campus.
8. Monitors the locked storage areas where clients’ belongings are stored, including appropriately labeling all items, ensuring the safety and security of stored items, and ensures that clients’ retrieval of items is appropriate.
9. Monitors client behaviors and documents in the agency’s electronic health records system following approved documentation standards.
10. Alerts the appropriate staff when visitors arrive and ensures visitors are given appropriate ID and/or escort.
11. Maintains daily activity staff logs and monitors logs submitted by Safety Officers. Prepares and submits appropriate documentation as requested.
12. Manages and maintains the possession of the keys to the agency fleet and ensures the appropriate tracking documentation is completed for vehicle usage.
13. Responsible for identifying and relaying the location and/or status of any potential threat, breach of security or incidents that compromises the safety and security of the facility to the team.
14. Manages inventory, maintenance, and location assignment of two-way radios and conducts daily radio checks with each department.
15. Monitors video surveillance system to ensure the safety and security of the Agency and contacts the appropriate personnel when necessary.
16. Accepts donations and appropriately completes documentation.
17. Coordinates and ensures shift coverage. Reviews and submits payroll timesheets on a bi-weekly basis.
18. Provides ongoing staff education on effective customer service and coaches the team regarding clear, concise, and professional client interventions.
19. Performs staff evaluations and corrective disciplinary actions; coordinates and assists the staff in carrying out their responsibilities; and provides leadership and guidance to the team.
20. Communicates and works in close cooperation with Residential Coordinators to ensure the safety and security of clients, staff and guests.
21. All job requirements listed indicate the minimum level of knowledge, skill, and or ability deemed necessary to perform the job proficiently. This job description is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements. Employees will be responsible to perform any other job-related instructions/tasks given by their supervisor, subject to reasonable accommodations.
III. AGENCY EXPECTATIONS OF EMPLOYEE:
- All employees are expected to adhere to Agency Policies and Procedures.
- All employees are expected to dress appropriately and professionally.
- All employees are expected to attend required and/or assigned Agency trainings.
- All employees are expected to be courteous, polite and friendly both to our clients and to their fellow employees.
- All employees are expected to consistently report to work on time prepared to perform the duties of their position.
Education/Experience: A high school diploma or GED is required and two year’s experience in security or related field is required. Supervisory experience preferred. Must have a valid Florida Driver’s License.
V. WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Safety Officer Supervisor mainly works outside in all weather conditions and may be colder or hotter than normal office settings. The noise level may be higher than normal due to running vehicle engines and traffic. In addition, the position is active in the community as situations warrant, representing Broward Partnership.
Job Type: Full-time
Broward Partnership for the Homeless
Broward Partnership is committed to reducing homelessness by promoting independence and self-worth through advocacy, housing and comprehensive services.
920 NW 7th Avenue Sunrise FL 33311Fort Lauderdale, FL