The Licensed Practical Nurse conducts clinical nursing functions consistent with the Florida Nurses Practice Act with clients at the Central Homeless Assistance Center. These functions include but are not limited to: physical screenings, monitoring vital signs, collecting laboratory specimens, verifying and/or supervising the clients self-medicating, and patient teaching on various topics appropriate for the nursing profession and within the realm of standard medical practice. The Licensed Practical Nurse understands that Broward County operates a Housing First model and that all clients’ experience with homelessness should be rare, brief, and non-recurring.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITES:
1. Completes a standard nursing screening and identifies presenting problems.
2. Plans and conducts health education activities for individuals and groups.
3. Provides basic urgent care services for patients in the clinic.
4. Monitors sick patients by conducting rounds in the dormitories.
5. Demonstrates awareness and understanding of state laws concerning referrals, placement and treatment of psychiatric (Baker Act) and Substance Abuse (Marchman Act) disorders.
6. Plans a clinically sound care plan that identifies specific problem areas that justify level of care, relevant goals and behavioral objectives with appropriate interventions.
7. Works with clients on medication compliance issues, supervising the client’s self-administering medication and teaching self-medicating techniques.
8. Maintains medication lists for all patients in the electronic records system.
9. Enters all nursing interventions and encounters in the electronic records system according to Agency policies and procedure.
10. Escalates medical concerns to supervisor or medical practitioner/physician.
11. Assists in the completion of nursing supportive treatment ordered by the Agency’s licensed medical provider.
12. Demonstrates proficiency in managing and de-escalating clients.
13. Participates in referral and discharge planning with the client and members of the multidisciplinary team involved with the client.
14. All job requirements listed indicate the minimum level of knowledge, skill, and or ability deemed necessary to perform the job proficiently. This job description is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements. Employees will be responsible to perform any other job-related instructions/tasks given by their supervisor, subject to reasonable accommodations.
Education/Experience: A current Florida State Nursing License is required. Two years’ experience working with persons with mental health and or substance abuse issues preferred.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Licensed Practical Nurse works in settings of Broward Partnership, including offices, classrooms, group rooms as well as being involved in other areas of Broward Partnership programs both on and off campus. In addition, the position is active in the community as situations warrant, representing Broward Partnership.
Please e-mail cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org and include the job title of “ Licensed Practical Nurse” in the subject line.
Broward Partnership is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and complies with all federal and state laws, and regulations. Our policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. We participate in E-verify.